[NL2-NL10] ak nl10 sh

• h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      how could i have played this better?, i checked the flop in order to bluff induce, since iw as out of position i decided to shove in order to prevent any problem. in this kind of situation, should really be aiming to go all in with top pair top kicker in a 3bet pot?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($10.67)
      Button ($9.95)
      Hero (SB) ($11.99)
      BB ($16.33)
      UTG ($10.52)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      UTG bets $0.35, 1 fold, Button calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, Button calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.45) 10:club: , 6:spade: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.75, Hero raises to $10.99 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $5.95 | Rake: $0.39
  • 2 replies
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      squeeze bigger. 1.6 maybe.

i'd still bet the flop, and would try to get it in. if I have a read that villain is aggro in 3bet pots, I would check, but probably not.

if you go checking the flop, no need to overshove. you get the worse holdings out. i'd raise to $4 and shove turn.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by gummybeared
      squeeze bigger. 1.6 maybe.

i'd still bet the flop, and would try to get it in. if I have a read that villain is aggro in 3bet pots, I would check, but probably not.

if you go checking the flop, no need to overshove. you get the worse holdings out. i'd raise to $4 and shove turn.
      This sounds great overall, although it makes even less sense to try to induce postflop after squeezing bigger, because people won't get as good odds to stay in the pot so they'll show up with less hands that want to try and take a stab at the pot when you check. Instead of 98s-like stuff you'll get a lot more pocket pairs willing to check it down with you.

Hope it helps.