How do you beat MTTs?

• thegrouse
      Hi all. I'm a reg in 26$ 45man sit'n'goes and do pretty well - i'm up about 2k for 300 games.

But when it comes to MTTs, i feel like i dont know what i'm doing. I'm down about $2500 for 102mtts. I've not made a single final table. I've cashed in 10 of them (small, meaningless cashes i might add).

What is a good strategy for playing MTTs?

How tight should you be in early/mid stages? is there ever a good time to play KQ/AQ/AJ early pos? Is there ever a good time to call an early/mid pos raise with A10? When should i start thinking about blind steals?

Does anyone have enough pearls of wisdom to get me to my first MTT final table? Maybe even turn me in a winning MTT player?
  • 2 replies
    • eskojones
      In MTTs I feel early game is largely a wait for the gamblers to knock themselves out. My early position range would be about JJ+,AQs+,AKo (assuming you're talking about 9 seated tables). I spend most of my time replaying hands between other people at my table and picking up any significant notes I can about their opening ranges, and also any blunders they seem prone to making postflop.

I find the game doesnt really start for me until about 1/4 or even 1/3 of the field have been knocked out, then again I play $1 and $2 MTTs so my advice might be totally worthless. :]

• OnkelHotte
      Hey guys,

I am afraid there is a misunderstanding. This feedback forum should not be used for hand judgment or strategy discussions but your feedback to the educational services provides for you.

So feel free to use this forum to leave any kind of criticism or praise, any organisational questions or suggestions for improvements.

For strategy discussions and hand evaluations please use the dedicated forums.

No Limit Stratedy discussions & Hand evaluations

Fixed Limit Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations

SNG+MTT Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations