[NL2-NL10] first bluff attempt with SSS

• kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      I hope I posted it in the correct forum...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($1.83)
      UTG+1 ($1)
      MP1 ($2.20)
      MP2 ($2.36)
      MP3 ($0.35)
      CO ($2)
      Hero (Button) ($0.77)
      SB ($3.64)
      BB ($4.61)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 2
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.09, 1 fold, BB calls $0.07, MP3 calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.28) A, 8, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.68) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.68) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.48 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $0.68 | Rake: $0.04
      Main pot: $0.68 returned to Hero

Results:
      Hero didn't show 10, 2 (nothing).
      Outcome: Hero won $0.64

my read on BB pre-flop is mid-suited connectors or low pairs and post-flop with a straight draw...I'm totally ignorant with stats as currently I'm still a fish...did I play this right? :f_p:
  • 5 replies
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      lmao, i mean it's not too bad of a bluff but why the hell are you playing 102 os preflop at 2nl lol..... :f_frown:
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Swire
      lmao, i mean it's not too bad of a bluff but why the hell are you playing 102 os preflop at 2nl lol..... :f_frown:
      lol...I was thinking the same...I don't really like playing in NL2 but my br in FT is like...insignificant compared to most players here so I was just 'testing the waters' in ring games (I play SnG's mostly)...I'll move up maybe once I win another tourney...
      anyway I was playing tight and due to lack of action, also noticed maybe I can bluff the other fishies in the table and seeing the opportunity of playing against only 2 I thought donk-pot betting would make them fold...but then, they called...I don't think this is how you bluff effectively... :f_p:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey kAoChAn,

Originally posted by kAoChAn
      I don't think this is how you bluff effectively... :f_p:
      QFT

Quickly, delete this hand before other people see it and flame you! :P

...just kidding. :)

Well, first thing I would like to ask is why are you sitting at the table with 25+BB? This way you cannot play SSS effectively and thus you should leave the table asap.

Second thing, there are no bluffs preflop with SSS, only isolation raises with mediocre hands(broadways, middle (suited) A-rags, suited connectors, low PPs), but never with complete trash such as T2o. As for a beginner sticking to the standard SHC is by far the best thing to do.

Third thing, on micro limits ABC poker is max +EV, so don't try to be tricky, because I don't think your skill is high enough just yet and opponents there won't understand what you're doing anyway.

Fourth thing, as played, we only make a continuation bet without a made hand when we are the preflop aggressor and there is only one opponent in the hand, because against more than one opponent our fold equity isn't high enough for continuation bet to be profitable. Check/fold postflop all the way.

So, in summary, fold preflop. ;)

Regards,
      burek2000
    • kAoChAn
      kAoChAn
      Bronze

Well, first thing I would like to ask is why are you sitting at the table with 25+BB? This way you cannot play SSS effectively and thus you should leave the table asap.
      when I sat on the table I just clicked on OK with whatever amount the cashier 'suggested'...I think it was $ 0.80? I usually play in NL5 or 10 with 40BB but my BR at this time was low and I thought while waiting for a tourney to start I'd play a little ring game... :f_p:

I do agree I should've folded...I've read some articles here in PS on bluffing and I think I've done some good semi-bluffs before but this one I just want to confirm that it was totally wrong so that I learn my lesson...

thanks! :f_love:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I know some sites don't allow to buy in the ring game on micro limits with 20BB and on those sites SSS isn't playable. There I would advise you to change to BSS or to move to another poker site, because playing some hybrid strategy is usually a bad thing to do and you should pick one of the strategies and play that one properly to get the best of it.

Regards,
      burek2000