[NL20-NL50] NL25 AK in BBvsBU

• GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I hated the turn, because I felt I was beat. Can I fold, or do I call here and pray that he's got KQ or flushdraw, and hope to hit one of 10 outs on river if I'm beat?

The extra K doesn't change much, since it only moves AK past AA (unlikely from betting) and J9 (unlikely from betting). Otherwise, anything beating tptk on the flop is still beating me.

What do you think? Villain is a regular, and quite strong.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB(Hero):
      $29.80
      UTG2:
      $27.75
      MP1:
      $27.10
      MP2:
      $53.85
      MP3:
      $23.95
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $28.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.35, BU calls $1.60.

Flop: ($4.8) K, 9, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.30, BU raises to $8.50, Hero calls $5.20.

Turn: ($21.8) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $14.15, Hero calls $14.15.

River: ($50.1) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $50.1.
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'd raise a bit bigger pre flop, like $2.75. On that board, I'd probably cb/3bAI just because there are so many combos of pair + draw, gutshot + FD and stuff like that. You can't afford to give extra cards cheaply.

I'd cb bigger to $4 and get it in vs his raise. If you don't think your hand is good enough to play for stacks here, then you should b/f. But I think it's gonna be really hard to find an opponent against whom our hand isn't good enough to play for stacks.
      However, if the guy is a super nit and you're sure that his raise here means a set or better always, go ahead and b/f =) But never b/c this spot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I'd raise a bit bigger pre flop, like $2.75. On that board, I'd probably cb/3bAI just because there are so many combos of pair + draw, gutshot + FD and stuff like that. You can't afford to give extra cards cheaply.

I'd cb bigger to $4 and get it in vs his raise. If you don't think your hand is good enough to play for stacks here, then you should b/f. But I think it's gonna be really hard to find an opponent against whom our hand isn't good enough to play for stacks.
      However, if the guy is a super nit and you're sure that his raise here means a set or better always, go ahead and b/f =) But never b/c this spot.
      +1
      to me it is also all-in on the flop
      player has to very, very nitty to make crying fold tptk in 3-bet pot
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Wow, ok.

Yes, so many draws on this board...

tptk is just ridiculous, I always end up in these spots, and I lose more money with tptk than any other way, I think.

villain flopped the nuts. I guess it was just a cooler.

Thanks for the help and the advice, fellas!