$449.00
      MP3:
      $410.50
      CO:
      $118.40
      BU:
      $74.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with 8, 7.
      Hero raises to $10.00, 7 folds, BB calls $6.00.

Flop: ($22) 8, J, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12.00, BB calls $12.00.

Turn: ($46) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($46) T (2 players)
      BB bets $24.00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $46.

Hey guys,

villain is a pretty solid 16/13 reg. His call open is only 6%, but I think he will call looser here with decent odds he gets and presumption he can outplay fishy shorty postflop. :P His f2c-b is 73%, f2c-b turn 0, bet vs missedC-B OOP 50, AF 3.6, W$SD 46, WTS 44 after 940 hands I have on him. If any other stats are needed, just say.

Anyway, after he calls my c-bet I would put him on Jx, FD or a set and considering this is very likely his range I decided to CB with many outs and try to bust him on the river, because I think there are quite many made hands in his range he will not likely give up. If I improved to 2-pair I also think I will be good most of the time, so I can call even if river card is a 7.

All in all, I think this hand is well played, but I'm still getting used to play with SC/deception raises and would like to hear other opinions on the hand. Maybe second barrel turn or perhaps check flop behind and delay c-bet? If you have any other opinion please do share. :)

Regards,
      burek2000
  • 4 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Hi Burek

I think you played it well, maybe, i would put a 2nd barell, to isolate and you have some outs for the river, but river is definitely fold...

Drach
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Burek,

I see a few pros for a second barrel

1- You can see a free river most of the times, since if you ch behind T, he might want to get fancy on the river and push you out of the pot with possible bluffs.
      2 - You still have FE. I'm not quite sure what he could be calling you with, I guess maybe AQ and some PPs. And he should give a lot of credit to your second barrel here, coming from a TAG UTG raiser, so you could make him fold better hands, if he called 99 or TT for instance.
      3 - You might want that FE in case he's calling with draws which include OC, he'll have many outs.

What do you think?
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      solid reg 44wts?

i dont like deception raises at all.. you should always have a target before you raise.. so when the bb is fishy and folds to much to cbets it can be a point to raise loose from early.. but not just raise 78s to balance your range, when you have no target and will often play drawing hands with no sd value oop.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey all,

thanks for replies!

Hi Burek,

I see a few pros for a second barrel

1- You can see a free river most of the times, since if you ch behind T, he might want to get fancy on the river and push you out of the pot with possible bluffs.

2 - You still have FE. I'm not quite sure what he could be calling you with, I guess maybe AQ and some PPs. And he should give a lot of credit to your second barrel here, coming from a TAG UTG raiser, so you could make him fold better hands, if he called 99 or TT for instance.

3 - You might want that FE in case he's calling with draws which include OC, he'll have many outs.

What do you think?

I don't really think he calls flop with a hand like AQ, so on the turn he could have a Jx/99/TT and some draw. From this whole range I think he only folds 99 and TT, while he will call Jx at least one more time and he might even check/raise turn with some strong draw, because he knows this board misses me a lot. So, my plan was to check behind, because I don't really have SD value with my second pair here and I can raise his river donk in case I improve and I expect to get paid of most of the time.

solid reg 44wts?

i dont like deception raises at all.. you should always have a target before you raise.. so when the bb is fishy and folds to much to cbets it can be a point to raise loose from early.. but not just raise 78s to balance your range, when you have no target and will often play drawing hands with no sd value oop.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab108/burek2000/Stats.jpg

...here I add full stats of villain, but I had some more hands with him since I posted the hand. Perhaps his stats don't show, but I saw him only play decent poker, never saw a fishy line from him and after I checked him on pokertableratings he's solid winner with 2.7/100 on NL400+, that's why I said he was solid reg.

So, I would like to ask here, what would you find decent WTS for a good player on this limit? 25-30?

Furthermore, I decided for a deception raise here, because the table was TAGy, there was no fish, just regular BSS tags and SSSers. OK, maybe not a good table to play on, but I like to do it every now and then to improve my game and try to adapt to tougher tables. So, for this reason, I found deception raise very in place. From those opponents I expect very few calls, so most of the time I will have to fold to 3-bet when someone shows action, however, they might call me on rare occasions and then I think it's very good if they cannot put me on a range thus I prefer to play here 87s than a hand like KQ/AJ which will they easily dominate when they call me. Another thing, I would expect to win A-high and K-high boards almost always against them, but the problem will arise when the board shows up low and drawy and in such situation I think 87s has a very good playability.

I would like to know whether you would never recommend to play a hand like 87s when applying SSS or in what occasions you would?

And another thing, to what hands would you expand your UTG range when playing very tight tables? Low PPs? Broadways? Or would you stay tight(about 8 PFR) in UTG against such players?

Cheers,
      burek2000