BSS slowplay FAQ

• 7 replies
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Depends on number of opponents and the texture of the board, against several opponents its always better to bet to thin the field down as you can still be outdrawn by a flush or a straight. If its a rainbow flop with no straight or flush draws you could bet small or check to give your opponent a chance to catch a hand thats still worse than yours. You would need to start betting by the turn at the latest to get value unless your opponent is super aggresive and you think they may try to push you of the hand on the river
      In most instances its better value to bet as hands like AK,AQ, and often weaker aces are still calling you most of the time.
    • CrippledMind
      CrippledMind
      Bronze
      The chances of your opponent having the last Ace in the deck are pretty slim, so you probably not gonna get paid off, unless he's got a lower set than yours. Whether to bet or check should depend on how often you've been c-betting. If the answer is "very often", then go ahead and bet. You might not get much credit, especially if your opponet is holding a pair lower than Aces. If on other hand you've checking after raising preflop and often folding to a bet, than just check and hope the opponent's gonna bet into you, in which case you can either raise or call and bet on the turn.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tckb
      When you have monster hand on flop like you have AA and flop got A, do you bet small or 1/2 pot or check when it's your first turn?
      Hmm, I'm not a NL player, but what about balancing? 1/2 pot bet with monsters and 2/3 pot bet with air can get pretty obvious for regs...
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berkstajger
      Originally posted by tckb
      When you have monster hand on flop like you have AA and flop got A, do you bet small or 1/2 pot or check when it's your first turn?
      Hmm, I'm not a NL player, but what about balancing? 1/2 pot bet with monsters and 2/3 pot bet with air can get pretty obvious for regs...
      +1 Always bet the same no matter what. You dont give away any tells on the strength of your hand this way. It just makes its hard for your oponents to figure out what you've got = more mistakes by them = more profit for you :D
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Why do you want to slowplay, if the board comes Axx and the opponent has no A he's very likely not paying you off anyway, so vs most opponents i try to bet the flop in the hope of them either bluffraising me or having some kind of small pair with which they call one bet in the hop that the hand gets checked down.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by Bierbaer
      Why do you want to slowplay, if the board comes Axx and the opponent has no A he's very likely not paying you off anyway, so vs most opponents i try to bet the flop in the hope of them either bluffraising me or having some kind of small pair with which they call one bet in the hop that the hand gets checked down.
      Hit the nail on the head.
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      Play KK like you would if you had AK and hit K etc.

This hand will show you why :

Play hand

The undergun pre-flop raising villian always checks flop if he has hit top set. So when he bets the flop I know he doesnt have KKK, therefore I am very confident that my 3 kind is probably ahead.

Also notice that i checked my set , this is because the raising player is in control of the hand so I dont want to donk bet him and fail to obtain the information about his hand strength i.e if he checked flop i would be very suspect about his holding especially if he came on very strong on the turn or river.

I check raise him which should be a tell to him that i slow played the 5 and he should fold the hand.

This is why tracker and elephant are so handy , i can see his past hands and work out how he plays.