What to do with $30 on iPoker?

• blairestorm
      blairestorm
      Bronze
      Hello, I need some advice from experienced players on iPoker. My friend was kind enough to send me $30 on an iPoker skin. Now, I have no idea what to do with it? :f_biggrin: Currently there seems to be 3 choices...

1. SSS NL10 w/ 15BI
      2. FL 0.05/0.10 w/ 300BB <-- I almost always only see a max of 4 FL 0.05/0.10 tables... ;(
      3. SSS NL10 w/ 30BI - 1BI is 10BB :f_biggrin:

I also noticed that players on iPoker are tight compared to other sites.
  • 13 replies
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Is there no lower limits then NL10?

What do you mean with the 3:rd alternative?
    • blairestorm
      blairestorm
      Bronze
      Yes there are. But at NL4 the minimum BI is 25BB. Can't really play SSS there :(

3rd alternative is I will play SSS on NL10 with 10BB as my BI. Becoz you can buy in for $1.00 there. :D
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      you cant play SSS with 10bb because optimal stack for SSS play is 17-18bb
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      yeah you'd basically just have to push preflop...

choice 4) ship to me :)
    • CrippledMind
      CrippledMind
      Bronze
      Why don't you try $1 SNGs? You only need to win 1 in 4 to break even, but at those limits players are pretty rubbish, so you'd probably do better than that. Build your bankroll up that way and then start playing cash games without fear of going broke.
    • VheroM
      VheroM
      Bronze
      cash out?
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      yeah i'd suggest the nano SnG's that ipoker have I think they do $0.50 games.

My experience of ipoker is that there are a lot of short stackers at the micros and not a great deal of tables. The 6max games are tighter than elsewhere and generally its all a bit crap.
    • VheroM
      VheroM
      Bronze
      I'd play some low buy-in MTT and some heads up sit'n'gos. Micro heads up players are horrible.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Play the game what you like the most :) If you go broke it doesn't matter, I assume you have the bankroll on the other sites.
    • orcwarhero
      orcwarhero
      Bronze
      I would play 3 tables full buy in at 1/2NL ( $6 total) and play TIGHT VPIP<20 and PATIENT.

By tight I don't just mean the usual 11, I also mean play ONLY Button and one off button unless you have KK or AA. POSITION IS KEY, and getting reraised makes it HARD to hold onto your money. Maybe it's just me but at Micro it seems NO ONE respects 3-6x raises so if you try and raise early/mid with A/K chances are 1 in 4 you're gonna get 2-4 players with suited crap (J/7 or K/3) trying to hit the flush, and for some reason they just don't care about pot odds or someone reraising with who knows what. Or worse someone playing A/xo and hitting 2 pair on the flop. I won't go into the bad beat tales...lol

As for patience, that IMO is one of the MOST important things. I know it sucks folding mid pairs and A/J,Q,K early but the times you fold them early will give you more chances to steal later. If your good post flop you can prolly play some marginal hands from an unraised SB or BB but personally I don't mind losing my blinds to much when I play this style.

I play like this and can maybe pull 5-10 BB/100 over a 2 hour period. I know it doesn't sound very profitable, but a couple of dollars a day like this will get you up to $50 in 2 weeks or less.

Anyway I know it ain't an exciting way to play, but just my 2 cents worth :)
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Play the $1 Double Ups, rake is a bitch ($0.20) but whenever you win 60%+ you're in the green, and believe me, that's not hard to do. Plus you get quite a lot of points to clear whatever it is you're clearing at that moment :)
    • blairestorm
      blairestorm
      Bronze
      Great! How do I play these Double Ups?
    • islander78
      islander78
      Bronze
      Best poker room to have such a low bankroll, IMO.
      The micro sng´s go from as little as 0.12$(0.24, 0.60.,etc available....) and the don´s from 0.50$.
      Don´t know what you like playing but with that bankroll I would go for SNG´s....