how the hell am i ever going to win a tournament.

• 7 replies
    • gosuking
      gosuking
      Global
      looked at the 2nd and 3rd.

same situation.
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      I take it you were in a Freeroll?

If so, that happens a fair bit of the time....

Only thing you can do it play good poker.....Which if you do and find yourself on the good side of coin flips...then you will end up cashing. Now making it to the final table and winning is a different story which involves playing to win. This lots of times means that you do not cash at all but will every now and then make final table with a possible 1st place finish.

As for the guy who gets to suck up chips from sitouts....well the best you can hope is that he is a twit and when you get to his table the chips will flow your way due to better poker.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Freerolls are extremely hard to play in. In regular cash tournaments it's not as bad. You just need to play tight, and try your best not to make bad calls. I've cashed in a few tournaments, but never came in the top 3 yet sadly.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ultifanatic
      I take it you were in a Freeroll?

If so, that happens a fair bit of the time....

Only thing you can do it play good poker.....Which if you do and find yourself on the good side of coin flips...then you will end up cashing. Now making it to the final table and winning is a different story which involves playing to win. This lots of times means that you do not cash at all but will every now and then make final table with a possible 1st place finish.

As for the guy who gets to suck up chips from sitouts....well the best you can hope is that he is a twit and when you get to his table the chips will flow your way due to better poker.
      You have said everything.
    • VheroM
      VheroM
      Bronze
      Freerolls arent poker. That's just how it is.

You can win a tournament by playing a real one.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Originally posted by VheroM
      You can win a tournament by playing a real one.
      It will just get even harder..
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I remember I sometimes played freerolls with such strategy: push or fold any time with any ace and any pocket pair :) and if you get lucky it is fun to play like this :)