Bankroll managment for Multi-Tabling

• nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I'm not a multitabler. Yet. However i did wanted to know, how do you guys see a good BR managment for multi-tabling on sng, full ring games, cap games, 6-handed.

Really bugs me. How have a safe BR with all variance in poker?
  • 5 replies
    • emotv
      emotv
      Bronze
      Well i am a huge bankroll supporter....

So here is my tips for fixed limit multitabling....

If you are multitable 4 for 0,25-0,50 ,300 is enough... For full ring.....
      If you are multitable 4 for 0,25-0,50 ,500 is enough... Shorthand(6max)
      If you are multitable 5-10 for 0,25-0,50; 600 is enough..For full ring.....
      If you are multitable 5-10 for 0,25-0,50; 900 is enough... Shorthand(6max)

You can calculate them by when u move up limits....

Swings are like lullaby you can see yourself -60 in 30 minutes maybe up for +100 in other 30 minutes..... Thats what multitabling mean to me...

These are my experince but there are lots of better player then i am so maybe they could help you more on replying....
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      My view.

BRM doesn't change based on the number of tables you play, only on the limit. Whilst I guess if you are mass multitabing you will have a reduced win rate per table, I'd not change my BRM threshholds because of it.

I'd tend to drop tables if varaince hits when mass multitabling and concentrate more on increasing winrate per table.

Still if it bugs you you can always add 100-200 BB to your BRM threshholds for any given level for an extra buffer.. really, the annoying answer is it depends on what you're comfortable with.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      One thing that matters is your own mindset can you handle playing with reduced BRM in order to move up quickly while also moving down in the same manner? Or do you really need that extra padding just to keep you mentally capable of playing your A game?

Also stakes matter also, when your playing low stakes cash games 25 buyins is enough IMO to play up to soemthing up to like nl50 but after that it gets a lot tougher which means you MUST increase your BRM to like 50 but iv heard of people with like 100 stacks BRM so it all depends on yourself more than anything.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      KidPokersKid, that's exactly what i was thinking.

I've decided though. Started playing 9-tables on FullTiltPoker on SSS. Got some good results, this could seem strange but -4BI.

For me a good spot as i've noticed that i needed to re-read some articles.

I've set myself in this spot 150 BI rule so i can really play my A game (that's probably some other peoples C- game but whatever). Really ABC poker on NL5.

I did unlock $20 from my holiday bonus too, but i didn't count on the winnings. There's rakeback too and didn't counted it.

So i saw myself playing really comfortable getting suckouts, doing ones, standing and didn't matter.

I guess you said it all, just matters if you're playing your A game. Found that as a comfort spot.

But still, any ideas PokerStrategists?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      My view.

BRM doesn't change based on the number of tables you play, only on the limit. Whilst I guess if you are mass multitabing you will have a reduced win rate per table, I'd not change my BRM threshholds because of it.

I'd tend to drop tables if varaince hits when mass multitabling and concentrate more on increasing winrate per table.

Still if it bugs you you can always add 100-200 BB to your BRM threshholds for any given level for an extra buffer.. really, the annoying answer is it depends on what you're comfortable with.
      The thing is the more you masstable, the more your bb/100 drops. However obviously people do it because it still has greater $/h.

However with smaller bb/100 comes larger variance. The chance of you going broke increases as bb/100 decreases (or roi for that matter). So unless you are don't care about moving down limits at all, if you're going to mass table I'd say use a larger BRM. You can calculate it with your bb/100 and standard deviation