Question

• NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Is there a program or anything that can show me how I run based on hand history compared to how I should run?

I have been searching around without any luck.
      This is for tournament and sitNgo im searching for if there is any difference.

Regards

NatRPheM
  • 11 replies
    • CrippledMind
      CrippledMind
      Bronze
      How do you mean?
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Kinda like a graph where you can see how you run compared with how you are supose to run compared to ev.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      I cant believe you have no luck there are many programs:

Poker Tracker
      Ps Elephant
      Holdem Manager

You are after an all EV graph that shows what you actually won against what you should have won (kind of like luck vs maths graph)

Tracker costs money but has a 60 day free trial
      Ps Elephant is free when you reach Silver
      Manager costs money too i think.

You dont need to worry about this stuff until you have become a winning player. You can use stats and HUD later in your career. Right now just concentrate on climbing up the limits. When you reach at least NL10 SH play you can use stats. Hope this helps.
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      For your information I am a winning player, I dont play cashgames, and does the poker strategy one take tourneys and SnGs aswell? If it does I have not figured out how to. Seems like it only takes hand histories for cashgames.
      Any help is welcome, thank you.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hi,

I just assumed because your Bronze and have few forum posts you were a beginner...maybe you just dont use this site much. By the way a winning player doesnt mean you think your not a bad player, a winning player is when you have made a profit over a large sample of hands ie 100k hands. So if you've made $20 profit over 1000 hands it means nothing (again assuming your a beginner).

With regards to stats, I dont use Elephant I use Tracker 3 which I paid for and that imports both.
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      I am normally a very reserved person hence why I dont post all over the place.
      I used to use this site alot more, but since I joined both Pokerstars and Fulltilt (the sites I play these days) before I found this site, I dont use this site to much anymore as Titan, which I got my free 50$ at was not a site I liked playing on. I cashed out and returned to Pokerstars mainly.
      Never been into cashgames as I find tournament play and SnGs way more facinating.

But what you are saying is, if I want a program that tells me how to check how I run compared to expected I need to pay up?

If so thank you for your help.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hey,

I Understand. Anyways, you have 2 options, either play on your tracked site which is titan get to silver and get the certain about of strategy points needed to get an elephant - then it is free. Or stay on stars but pay up for PT3 or Holdem Manager.

If I were you I would play on Titan till you get the elephant licence, then ship all the funds over to Stars again and then you have both your problems solved.

Good luck.
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      you should download holdem manager it has graphs for sngs altough i dont really know if they are included in the free trial i bought it myself... and if you are thinking of buying a tracker i would recommend holdem manager as it lets you to use filters for bubble play and other aspects of sngs
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Oops I see I forgot to mention something. I already have the PS elephant got it quite a long time ago actually, but it says it doesnt support tournament and SnG, which is 98% of all I play. I guess I might have to invest in that other program, cause I dont have a hugh downswing money wise atm I just feel im getting it in with the best of it so much of the time it is really hard to stay focused sometimes. I just need to confirm my suspisions which will make me feel alot safer and confident in my game, or I have to check if it is actually nothing strange there in which case I need to go through alot of HH`s...
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      You need to get HoldemManager. Elephant doesn't support tourneys at all and PT3 does not graph expected value for them.

There are ways to get Holdem Manager for free if you don't want to pay. Just check their website. Even if you decide to buy it it's not that expensive and helps you win more money so it pays for itself pretty soon..
    • NatRPheM
      NatRPheM
      Bronze
      Thank you for the help, I now got a few options :)

NatRPheM