Pokerheaven, Mansion or Cake poker :S

• Kerki09
      Kerki09
      Bronze
      I'm going to start playing at Pokerheaven, Mansion poker or Cake poker and I wonder which site do you think is best?

They are all EU based i think? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Its importat that the traffic is quite high, specially FR 1/2 LHE.

Post here what you think I should choose.

There's rakeback at heaven and cake and thats a big +.

Thanks for help/Kerki
  • 8 replies
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      cant say about pokerheaven or mansion but cake poker doesnt have high traffic on those limits.

and cake is US based
    • Parasites
      Parasites
      Bronze
      Mansion has the best traffic by far imo. Not sure you'll like their customer support though...
      Good luck!
    • Kerki09
      Kerki09
      Bronze
      Ok if cake is US based its out of the question.

So good traffic @ mansion.

How about low stakes PLO?

Any other thoughts on mansion vs heaven ?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      why are US sites out of the question?
      tax reasons ?
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I don't like mansion poker tbh, but I havn't played at pokerheaven before either so... :f_confused:

IMO the big 3 are the best rooms (Stars, FT, & PP) not just in terms of traffic but VIP systems/rakeback/support
    • Kerki09
      Kerki09
      Bronze
      Yep no US coz tax reasons and not FTP, party or stars since I already have accounts there and I want to make some strategy points + I like tax free :) .

A big - for mansion is that it's ipoker. Anyone here plays on pokerheaven?
      If so what do you think of it? I know the boss network is a bit annoing since no hand history but other than that i like it.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I can speak only for iPoker (Mansion).

The traffic at $1/$2 FLHE is 3rd best you'll find behind Stars and FTP. It is also tighter than FTP and (by a good source) waaay tighter than Pokerstars. You'll have trouble finding good tables a lot of the time due to a high number of TAG regs playing there - and I mean a lot. Four TAG regs one loose/passive and you is generally a good table. It does appear to loosen slightly at $2/$4 oddly enough.

I've never had any problems with their support or the site itself. The iPoker software isn't the prettiest in the world, but I played on Mansion/Titan for 14 months and never had any troublesome issues. Their VIP programs are pretty good, but then again so is the rake - I have 3.2BB/100 in paid rake at $.50/$1 over 43k hands compared with 2.7BB/100 over ~10k hands at FTP. You can counter some of the impact of this by playing during four hours of happy hour on Saturday/Sunday 16:00 - 18:00 GMT - but you are ofc fighting every reg then for the privillege!

A further note on the software, iPoker did release a new software update about 7 weeks ago which apparently can make multitabling more than 4 or 5 tables difficult due to lagging - depends on how good your processor is I guess. I've not had any problems with that though. They have said they're working on reducing the load the software puts on your PC processor - though not sure what the status of this is.

Hope this helps. :f_biggrin:
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Why do people keep saying Cake is U.S. based? It allows U.S. players (which everyone thinks is a good thing) but is based in Curacao. I don't think any poker sites are U.S. based, their government would never allow it with the current state of their laws.