This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Pokerheaven, Mansion or Cake poker :S

• Kerki09
      Kerki09
      Bronze
      I'm going to start playing at Pokerheaven, Mansion poker or Cake poker and I wonder which site do you think is best?

They are all EU based i think? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Its importat that the traffic is quite high, specially FR 1/2 LHE.

Post here what you think I should choose.

There's rakeback at heaven and cake and thats a big +.

Thanks for help/Kerki
  • 8 replies
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      cant say about pokerheaven or mansion but cake poker doesnt have high traffic on those limits.

and cake is US based
    • Parasites
      Parasites
      Bronze
      Mansion has the best traffic by far imo. Not sure you'll like their customer support though...
      Good luck!
    • Kerki09
      Kerki09
      Bronze
      Ok if cake is US based its out of the question.

So good traffic @ mansion.

How about low stakes PLO?

Any other thoughts on mansion vs heaven ?
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      why are US sites out of the question?
      tax reasons ?
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I don't like mansion poker tbh, but I havn't played at pokerheaven before either so... :f_confused:

IMO the big 3 are the best rooms (Stars, FT, & PP) not just in terms of traffic but VIP systems/rakeback/support
    • Kerki09
      Kerki09
      Bronze
      Yep no US coz tax reasons and not FTP, party or stars since I already have accounts there and I want to make some strategy points + I like tax free :) .

A big - for mansion is that it's ipoker. Anyone here plays on pokerheaven?
      If so what do you think of it? I know the boss network is a bit annoing since no hand history but other than that i like it.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I can speak only for iPoker (Mansion).

The traffic at $1/$2 FLHE is 3rd best you'll find behind Stars and FTP. It is also tighter than FTP and (by a good source) waaay tighter than Pokerstars. You'll have trouble finding good tables a lot of the time due to a high number of TAG regs playing there - and I mean a lot. Four TAG regs one loose/passive and you is generally a good table. It does appear to loosen slightly at $2/$4 oddly enough.

I've never had any problems with their support or the site itself. The iPoker software isn't the prettiest in the world, but I played on Mansion/Titan for 14 months and never had any troublesome issues. Their VIP programs are pretty good, but then again so is the rake - I have 3.2BB/100 in paid rake at $.50/$1 over 43k hands compared with 2.7BB/100 over ~10k hands at FTP. You can counter some of the impact of this by playing during four hours of happy hour on Saturday/Sunday 16:00 - 18:00 GMT - but you are ofc fighting every reg then for the privillege!

A further note on the software, iPoker did release a new software update about 7 weeks ago which apparently can make multitabling more than 4 or 5 tables difficult due to lagging - depends on how good your processor is I guess. I've not had any problems with that though. They have said they're working on reducing the load the software puts on your PC processor - though not sure what the status of this is.

Hope this helps. :f_biggrin:
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Why do people keep saying Cake is U.S. based? It allows U.S. players (which everyone thinks is a good thing) but is based in Curacao. I don't think any poker sites are U.S. based, their government would never allow it with the current state of their laws.