[NL20-NL50] AJ hand

• Sale1337
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB folds, CO calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,25) A:spade: , T:diamond: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $2,25, CO folds, Hero calls $2,25.

Turn: ($7,75) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $5,75, Hero calls $5,75.

River: ($19,25) 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $16,00 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $19,25
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      SB seems like a TAG, so I think your play here is fine, although I would occasionally throw in a min-raise on the flop to put him off 3barreling AQ or AK. If he comes back hard over the top you can mostly get away, as opposed to playing passive on 2 streets and not knownig where he stands. Also, raise to 1.25 preflop, since your aim is to isolate CO fish
    • Mstlc
      I agree, raise more pre-flop... against a 82/0 fish your AJs is miles ahead, you wanna get value from your hand and the best way to do so is to make it slightly bigger pre-flop. You wanna play this guy heads-up post-flop as well if possible.

As played post flop your line is fine. I wouldn't be surprised if the SB showed up with 77 here. It's pretty common for people to donkbet a flopped set on these kind of draw heavy 3way flops. I would expect the SB to 3bet AQ en AK here pre-flop but ofc he could be one of those players that never 3bets pre-flop.

Folding on the flop is definitely too weak, folding on the turn isn't really an option either considering you picked up a flush draw along with your top pair. On the river I do think however you've got a easy fold as I don't think he'll be firing 3 barrels with a worse hand then yours here.
    • Kaitz20
      you played your hand fine
      He has often two pair or set if he takes that line
      One option is shove turn if you think he can also lead out with draw, because then you´re also protecting your hand against draws and if get called by better hand you have still decent equity against his range