[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH A10s UTG

• hughezy
      hughezy
      Bronze
      Villain is loose aggressive playing 30/20....

I put him on he Q after flop re-raise was flat called but presumed it was a pretty weak kicker.
      Am I ever going to get this kind of player off that kind of hand in this situation. Maybe a shove/overbet on turn?

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 426968
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $5.00
      Hero (UTG): $28.14
      MP: $27.95
      CO: $18.65
      BTN: $7.91
      SB: $44.44

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with A :diamond: T :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, CO calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 4 :diamond: Q :heart: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero raises to $3.50, CO calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.85) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50, CO raises to $14.40 all in, Hero calls $6.90

River: ($37.65) 8 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Shove turn to maximize fold equity, any smaller bet would leave you pot committed to his raise. Also raise to $1 preflop, trust me it does make a difference to would-be donk callers.
    • hughezy
      hughezy
      Bronze
      I changed my open raise bet from 4x to 3x BB quite recently when playing with loose players behind me in the belief that it would save me money in the long run.

tbh I think the change has worked and c/r flop gets rid of them a much higher percentage of the time.

Should I return to a 1$ bet religiously, do you think?

I am also starting to take shots at NL50 atm. What betsize do u recommend at this level?

Many thnx for your input.

hughezy
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Actually your thinking process is wrong imo...

First off, try to avoid tables with stations directly to your left. Second, if you do end up at a table oop against a station just tighten up your range of hands. Of course, when you tighten up you're gonna be raising for pure value against the range of hands the station will be calling you with so you should just make your raise sizes a bit bigger.

Like for instance, if you get AA on the CO and you know the player on the BU will call you no matter what... why would you wanna raise to 3bb when you could also raise to 4bb and take another bb out of him right there? Not to mention the exponential increased sizes of the pot on flop, turn & river.

Overall on a good NL50 table you can just make it 4bb UTG, MP & CO, and make it 3bb on the BU. If the player directly to your left is a nit you can make the CO 3bb to. Basically the looser you open, the smaller you can make your bet sizes.

Anyway, considering UTG you will always be opening for value you should just raise to 4bb on NL25.

About the hand then:
      This is a board I'm always just c-betting, dry Q high. I don't like your check/raise, you're not really representing anything here. A Qx hand or a set you would c-bet.

I would just bet/fold the flop and barrel the turn with your nuts flush draw + overcard if you get called on the flop. On the river you could go for a triple barrel, unless he's really call happy or you don't really have proper reads on him.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/r is interesting idea, but I think you can aslo c-bet and give up after get called and you don´t improve
      Problem with c/r air that if you get called, then you´re still oop and don´t really know what to do on the blank turn card

With that turn card I´d also b/c. Pot seems a little too large to shove turn
      Cool idea would be also c/rai again if he bets :D