deposit 1000$ and take it from there
      Never failes to make me laugh :tongue:
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      Maybe you are overplaying JJ?
      +1

you should be playing JJ like 10's & 9's. JJ looks like a big hand because its a "faced pair" But the reality is its just not a great hand, its an ok hand but not a good one. as a result this also makes hands like AJ, KJ & QJ "ok" hands not "good" hands and also means these shouldnt be played when out of posistion...which i'm going to guess you have been playing out of posistion?

The leasson is a hand with a J in it looks like a bigger hand than it actually is. I hope this mini leasson helps you in one way or another.

May i also suggest you dont get QQ all in pre flop? Serriously what are you going to expect to get called by? Most the time you will be behind (serriously behind) now and then margionally ahead.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Two table NL2 FR BSS. TAG straightforward play, valuebet, overbet nuts. Leave when you've earned at least 1/4 of your stack and sit at another table.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I built my stars roll from $5. you need to run way too good and have nothing better to do for a long time. I'd say get a job deposit something you are comfortable with and take it from there.
    • hashashan
      hashashan
      Bronze
      but my BRM doesnt allow to play NL2 BSS
      and what is FR?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      FR means fullring (usually 9-10 players), SH or 6-max means shorthanded game = 6 players and HU means heads up = 2 player game =) .
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      you don't want to be to tight by everytime somebody goes all-in thinking they have AA. But don't overplay JJ either it is an good hand but when an tight opponents get it in you are behind or at best a coinflip against AK. So it is important to know what for sort opponent you're dealing with. If it is a guy that hasn't played an hand in ages then I can easily law down my hand. If though it is a guy that is reraising all the time then JJ is probably way in front of his range of hands anf I'm willing to call that all-in

I don't agree with the not getting QQ preflop all-in though since there are a lot of people on the microstakes that are willing to go broke with way less ( JJ for instance ;) but there enough people that risk there entire stack with just a small pair and then there are the maniacs that just could be holding anything).

So if you are not that good in analysing what sort opponent you're dealing with it is best to play the hand for set value out of position by just calling and playing strong if you have the set and if you flop an overpair. But with an overpair you should be a bit careful if you get a lot of action postflop there is a good change somebody hit his set. Also if you called a raise preflop with JJ and you call and you have an overpair postflop be aware that you're opponent might have an better overpair.
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hashashan
      and what is FR?
      your bankroll does not allow anything at the moment
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EdgarAronov
      Originally posted by hashashan
      and what is FR?
      your bankroll does not allow anything at the moment
      LOL :tongue:

Which makes this:

Originally posted by ihufa
      deposit 1000$ and take it from there
      Or this:

Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I built my stars roll from $5. you need to run way too good and have nothing better to do for a long time. I'd say get a job deposit something you are comfortable with and take it from there.
      good advice =)
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Il also add if your a good player.

You can turn that $10 into $100 playing 45seated 25c S&G's at Pokerstars in 450 S&GS. Simpley 18 table and you will will be rolled within 3 or 4 days.