Quiz of the Week: Flop Play

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Today's edition of the weekly quiz introduces a new series. Making our way through all streets of Hold'em poker, we will start out with the basics: have you mastered your flop play?

Being aimed at our Platinum members, this quiz will confront you with a lot of tricky situations on the flop. You will usually find yourself on a short-handed table and involved in a multi-way pot.

It's not always easy to adequately assess the marginal spots, but it becomes increasingly important to quickly estimate ranges and profitability on your way to the high stakes.

Whether you're still working your way through the lower limits or whether you've already breached the boundary to the high stakes, this quiz will allow you to see where you're at when it comes to playing the most common street.

Can you walk this fine line?

• 9 replies
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      14/22... quite satisfied knowing that my knowledge for FL SH 1/2 is apparently on about the same level as it is for 50/100, so I just have to beat 1/2 and to the sky highs then. :D
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Question about question 8 (hmmm, what a lovely sentence structure... :f_cool: ).

###### WARNING - SPOILER BELOW! #####

I've been thinking a lot about balancing my game and this is the kind of the situation I usually fold because I can't c/r and the right answer is - call.

I've read the Gold article Standard play: Advanced, but here the villain is a TAG and therefore most likely a thinking player who could notice a pattern of check/calling flops HU. Lately I've been trying to balance my game more and maybe that's where I missed or lost value just because I was so firmly trying not to change my betting patterns. I'm talking only on HU play vs. regs/uknown, I of-course use different lines versus nont-tag players against which I have a read on. Still, I'm a bit confused about the balancing... maybe I just over estimate my opponents and put to much effort in it?
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Haha, I got 15/22. But I think folding is the best option at Question 6.
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Emm... you're just making fun of quizz makers a lil'bit, a? :tongue:

But it is possible on certain sites to fold if checked to you, I know it was on Pacific... :)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Another nice quiz.. looking forward to the next two streets! :f_love:

Gotta go through that check/call with SD value article too.
    • opabumbi
      opabumbi
      Black
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      openfolding the nuts sometimes is important to balance your folds. If you do fold the nuts once in a while, your folds won't be to easy to read and your opponents will give you more credit for your weaker folds and not be like: haha i had you beat anyway
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opabumbi
      openfolding the nuts sometimes is important to balance your folds. If you do fold the nuts once in a while, your folds won't be to easy to read and your opponents will give you more credit for your weaker folds and not be like: haha i had you beat anyway
      Haven't tried this, I think this is the reason I don't have $10,000 yet. From now on I will be openfolding at least 1/10 of my hands (oh, and I have to leave Full Tilt).
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opabumbi
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Cool! Another leak plugged! When can we expect the strategy article?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You have achieved a total 18 of 22 possible points. This corresponds to 82 % !

Meh.

5-bet at Question 2? ;)

Question 4 stated that we can't check/raise for value but the analyses shows that we can. Weird. :/

At Question 7 I thought we just have to coldcall. But calling 3-bets is really a lot ad I may have gained 2 points there. :/

At Question 10 I almost folded but it felt so weak. -1. ;)