[NL2-NL10] qq nl10

• h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      how should i have played this?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($10.30)
      BB ($25.91)
      UTG ($2.15)
      MP ($10)
      CO ($2.23)
      Hero (Button) ($18.22)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.45) 8:club: , 10:spade: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

Turn: ($4.65) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

River: ($8.05) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $6.70, Hero calls $6.70

villian shows A7 for straight
      Total pot: $21.45 | Rake: $1.43
  • 3 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

villains line looks a lot like AK.
      So call flop, raise turn would be my line.
      If you know that he 3-bets you on button, just 4-bet/call preflop.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

villains line looks a lot like AK.
      So call flop, raise turn would be my line.
      If you know that he 3-bets you on button, just 4-bet/call preflop.

Best regards,
      Anin
      Wouldn't AA/KK/QQ/JJ be played the same way?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

AninIII probably assumes villain would bet bigger with an overpair, which he probably would unless he was pot-controlling on purpose being out of position and deep. Most players at nl10 likely aren't that sophisticated to begin with and would probably choose to check/call instead of betting small to accomplish that goal.

On the flop folding is out of the question, calling is okay tho we don't beat much and it's going to become increasingly hard for us to call down on most turn/river cards unless we hit a J, our hand rarely will improve but everything could hit villain.

Raise/folding the flop looks kinda bad at first but it's not really, unless villain is spewy enough to 3bet JJ or Jx pair+oesd hands if he can have them. Since he bet so weak his range is likely more skewed toward hands you have beat, mostly Jx stuff, and these will actually call the raise to see a turn more often than not. If he 3bets obviously we're folding. At this point you likely want to check back the turn and try to make it to showdown since betting again leads to potentially nasty decisions against a player you don't have a good read on and he could still show up with KK+.

As played on the turn his line is still weak and raising is tempting but it's even more dicey that doing it on the flop, so once you're there i don't mind just calling.

As played i'd fold the river, he'd have to be suicidal to be bluffing there and he wouldn't bet so big after making these small flop/turn bets if he didn't have you beat.

Hope it helps.