This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50 SH AQ 3bet pot

• AlanMufc
      AlanMufc
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $38.01
      Hero:
      $91.32
      BU:
      $76.91

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $2.00, SB calls $1.75, Hero raises to $7.00, BU calls $5.00, SB calls $5.00.

Flop: ($21.00) 9:diamond: , J:spade: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($21.00) T:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50, BU folds.

River: ($42.00) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $42.00

[/COLOR]

Not sure at all about this hand. Pretty sure i should've playe it more aggresively. And should i be shoving the river once he's checked to me>
  • 4 replies
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      No I think even giving up on the turn here is ok ... He is betting into two players & yes its possible he could be doing this with a draw he picked up ott or its possible he is doing this with either pocket pair or 10s/Js for some kinda value/protection... so this would be my read ott..... but on the river I would favour the latter as he may feel he has some showdown value with his pair as given his agg factor I think he may bluff his mssed draws and you have a possible call with A high.....I dont think he is trying to induce something from us otr as he only has 20 or so left and there is 45 itp so ifhe has a monster(2pair +) its better for him to just shove and hope we call

...... So given I think he now has a one pair type ott I think the question we need to ask is will He fold that pair for a half pot shove and I think its quite close but would favour against a shove given his overall fishy stats.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

On such board I am easily just folding it on turn. Why are you even Calling there? A way too dangerous board for your float. I don't see us getting positive value with long run with such Calls. Don't pick such spots for overplay your opponents, way too risky.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • AlanMufc
      AlanMufc
      Bronze
      On the river i really don't see him even having a Jack because i think he'd just put his last half pot bet in. So yeah i think i should be shoving the river if i'm gonna call the turn.

I know everyone hates to be results orientated but he did have Q 10 so i think the shove on the river had plenty of value.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

On such board I am easily just folding it on turn. Why are you even Calling there? A way too dangerous board for your float. I don't see us getting positive value with long run with such Calls. Don't pick such spots for overplay your opponents, way too risky.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Fold is fine, but I´d like calling on the turn
      Since you have oesd+two overcards and considering that there are two flushdraws and a lot of straight draws on the board I think you´re either ahead enough times or getting the odds to hit your hand
      You can always fold your hand on the river if you don´t improve