[NL2-NL10] AA nl10

• h50n
      how could i have played this better?

the guy had raised me before in pots so i figured he was raising quite light, when he raised, i figured hands that he could be playing in this way include
      JK+, QQ+(he could be raising QQ just to see where he was at) 88, 33 against this range im a 68% favorite, so i figured that my aa were worth going all in with.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($4)
      Button ($10.16)
      SB ($10.20)
      BB ($9)
      Hero (UTG) ($9.70)
      MP ($10.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:club: , A:spade:
      Hero bets $0.40, 2 folds, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.05) K:club: , 3:heart: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, Button raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $9.30 (All-In), Button calls $8

Turn: ($19.65) Q:diamond: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($19.65) J:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $19.65 | Rake: $1.31

Button had K:spade: , A:heart: (one pair, Kings).
      Hero had A:club: , A:spade: (one pair, Aces).
      Outcome: Hero won $18.34
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say without a better read on him, your line probably isn't optimal unless:

- he never bluffs in that spot

- his value-raising range is composed solely of hands that either call off your shove or fold but wouldn't have put any more money in the pot unless they improved to beat you anyway.

Otherwise since the board is really dry, giving him another shot at valuebetting worse / bluffing will likely yield more value and slowly commit him with worse hands that might be scared off by your shove.

Hope it helps.