This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Punch a Fish (6-max/HU NLHE)

• harryjj0
      harryjj0
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I've tried to start bankrolls a couple of times and have been somewhat undisciplined with BRM. Thus, I have decided to earn my own money and use that to start a new BR, so that I feel more committed to the money. I have also had tilt issues which I have worked on a lot

I will be playing on Full Tilt Poker with a starting BR of $750

Rules:
      - 25 BI min for each level (taking shots), 30 BI for consistent playing at that level [6-max]
      - 30 BI min for each level (taking shots), 35 BI for consistent playing at that level [HU]
      - For MTTs, <1.5% of BR for BI, satellites = <1% for BI
      - Sessions are as long as I feel, but as soon as I feel tilty I must break

Targets:
      - Download some HHs of regs at my level
      - Don't break anything
      - Stick to BRM
      - Continue to exercise (Tai Chi and other martial arts and self-defence)
      - Post up hands (I'm really bad at doing this after a painful session)
      - Hook up extra monitor
      - Work up to 6 tabling 6-max

Currently playing: $0.10/25
  • 4 replies
    • harryjj0
      harryjj0
      Bronze
      15/12/09

Played a 2.5 hr session. Started pretty quietly and got a bit hectic later. I didn't swing about too much (except for dropping a fair bit against a big bluff that sucked out. I also had a $76 pot at NL25 which was cool.

Short stacker (BU) raised to $.75 I called in SB with 33 and BB reraised. BU folded and I called with the bet being 20x smaller than my stack (he outstacked me) so i had implieds.

I flopped a house and the rest is history.

I'll post real hands from now on.

+ $24
      BR = $274
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by harryjj0
      15/12/09

Played a 2.5 hr session. Started pretty quietly and got a bit hectic later. I didn't swing about too much (except for dropping a fair bit against a big bluff that sucked out. I also had a $76 pot at NL25 which was cool.

Short stacker (BU) raised to $.75 I called in SB with 33 and BB reraised. BU folded and I called with the bet being 20x smaller than my stack (he outstacked me) so i had implieds.

I flopped a house and the rest is history.

I'll post real hands from now on.

+ $24
      BR = $274
      I think calling 33 against a SS is -EV in the first place.

btw... welcome and good luck :)
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      So you say you will follow BRM and use 30BI policy but play with 250$ on NL25?

Didnt take long to break that rule ...
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      So you say you will follow BRM and use 30BI policy but play with 250$ on NL25?

Didnt take long to break that rule ...
      He said he starts with $750 bucks... maybe he just misstyped.