This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25FR ATC Raise vs SB Complete

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 428687
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $25.68
      UTG: $25.00
      UTG+1: $19.45
      MP1: $44.52
      MP2: $25.00
      CO: $9.73
      BTN: $29.04
      SB: $19.75

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 2 :club: 7 :spade:
      6 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.00) T :diamond: 8 :diamond: 4 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.50) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.50) 8 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.00, Hero ???????

Practically unknown villain, posted OOP and limped his first 6 hands. I like to raise SB open complete often and take pot down with cbet if he l/calls. Not entirely sure about c betting this flop though, not that sure about my FE.

after firing cbet and hitting SD value turn I CB turn and on river I believe his range can be quite polarised. His line looks like it has a lot of air in it to me and his strong bet size river doesn't look too much like a valuebet to me. Can I justify a call?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think that since we've established that villain is a fish, you would hardly expect him to be making 'correct' value-bets on the river. This is a situation which hardly warrants 2nd or 3rd level analysis. Let this one go, you will be losing 90% of the time here when you call.

Also, I wouldn't raise 72o against loose passive-fish, just wait for better spots to exploit him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

If he seems to be such a fish then I am not even raising it preflop, just checking behind and hoping to hit, you wont really overplay such opponent that often. On flop I would likely bet a bit more, at least ~$1.40. On river I am giving up, looks like we are beaten.

Best regards,
      Rensu