[NL20-NL50] NL25 KQ GS + OC's flop vs Fish. Cbet as Pot sweetener?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 428708
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $25.00
      UTG+1: $25.00
      UTG+2: $60.68
      MP1: $30.95
      MP2: $50.82
      CO: $10.60
      BTN: $20.12
      SB: $28.22

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Q :spade: K :spade:
      6 folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.25) T :diamond: 9 :heart: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($3.25) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BTN calls $2

River: ($7.25) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.00, Hero raises to $9.75, BTN calls $5.75

Fish is 51/16 with very low fold to cbet. 6 out of 7 hands on river he has bet. Think I need to bet and raise a lot bigger and possibly cbet as well.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      With two overs and a gutshot I'm cbetting this close to 100% of the time against a 51/16 fish.
      If villain is aggressive as you say then I like to C/R turn, which also helps to balance your lines when it seems as if you are giving up.
      River I much prefer B/C instead of C/R, as if he shoves over the top it gets very, very ugly for you.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: What's his aggression? If you think that he is capable of checking behind very often then I don't mind Checking here because he is very often going to Call you with any kind of hand and you would be in very idiotic situation on turn because you wouldn't know where you stand if you hit. But in other view with your overcards and gutshot it ain't a mistake to pull a bullet into the pot just it would be harder to play if for example a Kd hit or something similar. You are just putting yourself into hard spots.
      Turn: As you mentioned he is betting very often of river, what about turns? You might even consider here Check/Raise if you have seen him floating some hands on various situations and then barreling into you on turn then would be Check/Raise here the best spot but I don't mind to bet out myself for getting at least some value.
      River: With the diamond I would likely prefer to bet out myself and getting Called by some weak hand because if he do Check/Raise here then we would be in very ugly spot when he decides to ship after your raise.

Best regards,
      Rens