This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25FR AKo Horribly played.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 428722
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $35.46
      MP1: $22.05
      MP2: $13.99
      CO: $27.17
      BTN: $50.00
      Hero (SB): $49.10
      BB: $9.86
      UTG: $24.50
      UTG+1: $26.70

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K :club: A :diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.75, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 7 :club: 6 :club: 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks

Turn: ($1.75) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.75) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, UTG+2 raises to $5.75, Hero calls with 2nd nutflush as nothing worse will call 3bet?!?!?!?!?

Villain is 30/10 over first 82 hands. I intensely dislike the way I played this and I wasn't on an acid trip or anything! Tried to C/R flop then didn't know what would call turn C/R and played C/C thinking anything that could call turn C/R would likely Vbet or raise river anyway.
  • 3 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      When I have a draw oop I usually donk bet the flop. And when I hit it's not that obvious I completed the draw.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't like your preflop call oop too much, but from time to time it's ok to balance your lines.
      You wanted to check/raise the flop. Question is if you then fold to a 3-bet/shove on flop? (Villain could do that with AsA or AsQ or 99 f.e.)
      On turn you have to lead out to see where you stand, because on 4 suited boards most villains bluff that easily. Just bet 1,50$.
      If getting called or raised on turn, you have to come to showdown as cheap as possible. -> I guess it's then wa/wb.
      As played it's enough to b/c on river because only nutflush will call your 3bet.

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I don't like the way you played the hand, I am either 3betting being OOP or just folding against very nitty opponent.

As played
      Flop: I would likely also donk the flop and try to take down the pot with such board, the idea of Check/Raise ain't that bad but you have to pick the right opponent for that, you will need some kind of reads that he is CBetting a lot with air on such board and a bit more hands.
      Turn: I hit my 2nd nut flush so I am trying to get information of his hand, likely Bet out and get some value of weaker flush. With just Check/Call you ain't get much information of his hand.
      River: Looks like we are beaten here when we bet out ourself and he takes such line. I am considering Bet/Fold here. I don't think that he is going to raise there with Qcx type hand, more likely he has a bluff but I don't expect that being so often for making the Call profitable. That's my view. With more stats and more information would be the decision a lot easier.

Best regards,
      Rensu