[NL2-NL10] NL200 - AA in CO preflop bet?!

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Gold
      Hi

I had today an interesting hand on NL200. I got AA in CO, everbody folds...

SB and BB were standard regs, i would say good players, no stats (as i am playing on Cake), i have some notes on them, but nothing special, their range is normal. I suppose also regs have notes on me ;) :) ...

How would you play AA?! What would be you raise, standard, 3-bet, minibet, maybe call?!

One info. I have adapted my steal range well up to NL200, so my P/F raise is >11-13%..

After your thoughts, i will explain how i played?;)

Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Drach
  • 7 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      If you play aggressively from LP, I'd definitely raise just as any stealing hand. It's the best way to get paid off, especially if the blinds are regular TAgs.
      When they resteal you get an AI preflop, which is as good as it gets. If you try L/R, and that seems strange to them, they might raise tighter than they would resteal, and once they see your L/R they'll fold a lot I guess.So the normal raise remains more profitable apparently.

What other possibility were you thinking about?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey drachdudek,

on NL200 you should have very wide range in late position when you are first in, so attentive regulars should give your raises(steal in this case) much less credit and it's very likely you will get paid off. So, just make your standard steal raise and hope they decide to play back at you and you get the money in preflop.

Another important thing is you should start balancing your lines on NL200+ against regulars, because if you do something funny be sure they will note it down and won't go for the same trap twice unless you have another balanced line beside loose openraising ranges in LP.

P.S.: I wonder what did you do in this hand. :)

Regards,
      burek2000
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Gold
      OK, thanks both for your thoughts and comments, i think you are probably correct, normal 3BB raise would be most effective, but according my notes they would probably fold, as i am aggresive, but my steal and raise range is not so huge, as it should be on NL200..but nevertheless you are probably correct.

What i did, i was thinking a lot, took additional time and miniraise 2BB, they both called me, and i pushed on the flop, they both fold..I think i play it OK, as i was almost sure that both would fold to my standard raise (steal)...so i gave them something to think about, but it was dangereous play i must say, it could happen easily that my AA would been cracked :tongue:
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      well now they have a note that says u minraiser AA in lp and if you do it again they will certainly fold.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Gold
      Originally posted by raun
      well now they have a note that says u minraiser AA in lp and if you do it again they will certainly fold.
      but of course i wont do it, i did it for the first time, maybe you misunderstood me, otherwise i am stealing, raising with standard 3BB...;)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      on the other hand now you can minraise 72o and get a lot more FE :D
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      Sorry to correct, but they actually folded to the flop push, so they didn't see AA actually and have no such particular note. :)

OK, thanks both for your thoughts and comments, i think you are probably correct, normal 3BB raise would be most effective, but according my notes they would probably fold, as i am aggresive, but my steal and raise range is not so huge, as it should be on NL200..but nevertheless you are probably correct.

Well, if they usually fold to your 3BB raises from LP then just steal their blinds like crazy until they adapt and then your AA will also get paid off very often. ;)

Anyway, I do think against regulars you should balance your lines regardless what lines you choose, because otherwise it's only matter of time when they will start exploiting you.