[NL20-NL50] 4bet bluffs got called again

• AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      My guys dont go broke unless they have AA or KK (or we are in some stealsituation thing), anyway, when i get called im the fish

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $62,05
      BU:
      $52,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , T:heart:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, CO folds, BU raises to $5,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12,50, BU calls $7,50.

Flop: ($25,75) 4:spade: , Q:club: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($25,75) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $9,00, Hero calls $9,00.

River: ($43,75) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $43,75
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't like 4bet pf as I'm turning a decent hand into a bluff, unless BU has been 3betting frequently IP or you have some other read on his 3betting range.
      As played I prefer leading out the flop for about 16-17. If he calls and no favorable cards hit then we can shut down. His line seems awfully strange though. I'm guessing he had JJ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

As you mentioned that they aren't going broke unless they have AA or KK so why are you even 4betting against this guys. Ye sure it might be a steal situation but you are also playing OOP, I don't like the 4bet at all. Very often when they Call there you are dominated. So I would likely just fold my hand and wait for better spot. Postflop I would also consider CBetting the flop and folding to any kind of action, otherwise as played turn and river seems to be fine.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if player is aggressive 3-bettor you can 4-bet as a bluff and fold to shove
      also playing ATs oop is likely not the worst thing, since you dominate worst suited Ax hands and all the Tx hands
      So if flop comes Txx, especially with draw you can feel pretty comfortable c/r and getting all-in.
      If played is passive fold is better pre-flop
      I think you played your hand fine. hard to get value with worse hands, not sure you can b/f if you have pair with top kicker and you can let him take the stab with worse hands
      bad thing about that is that you likely have to c/c flop and a lot of times c/c river if player is aggressive
    • AceOnRiver
      AceOnRiver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      I don't like 4bet pf as I'm turning a decent hand into a bluff, unless BU has been 3betting frequently IP or you have some other read on his 3betting range.
      As played I prefer leading out the flop for about 16-17. If he calls and no favorable cards hit then we can shut down. His line seems awfully strange though. I'm guessing he had JJ?
      AT is a hand with some good cardremoval but i dont consider it a decent hand to play in a 3bettet pot OOP

if i lead into him with 17, over half of my stack is invested, and what better hand do i get to fold ? dont see any except JJ.

Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

As you mentioned that they aren't going broke unless they have AA or KK so why are you even 4betting against this guys. Ye sure it might be a steal situation but you are also playing OOP, I don't like the 4bet at all. Very often when they Call there you are dominated. So I would likely just fold my hand and wait for better spot. Postflop I would also consider CBetting the flop and folding to any kind of action, otherwise as played turn and river seems to be fine.

Best regards,
      Rensu
      if i call i am dominated ^^
      My Hand is dead except for card removal, I dont expect him to call a 4bet with a hand that dominates me he'd either fold or shove AK both cases are ok for me since he'll often not have a hand as strong as that.