$9.73
      SB(Hero):
      $5.32
      BB:
      $8.82
      UTG1:
      $4.78

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.5) 3, Q, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.25.

Call preflop with the call20 rule.
      Hit my set on a board with a possible flushdraw and decide to lead out against 2 opponents, hopefully I can get payed from a flush-draw or a queen or something like that.
      When I get raised im not sure on what to do. Should I call and hope for a blank turn or should I 3-bet on the flop (as I do) to not give him a cheap draw if he plays a draw aggresive.
  • 4 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Your line looks extremely strong. Judging by his raise, and preflop action, I would put him on a KQ/AQ type of hand. A flush/straight draw will likely call in position. I'd lean towards calling here and give out the impression we're betting a draw. Your 3bet will probably fold out top pair (no flush draw), TT/JJ and maybe even overpairs. I'm probably wrong though, so let's see what the evaluator says.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      sometimes it very difficult to get paid. In this case I'll also put him on KQ or similar hands.

Personally I could have called his preflop raise, because I don't think he's on a flushdraw, also very unlikely he has a straight draw.

On the turn may check and hope he bets.

But regardless of what you do, I don't expect you to be paid a full stack in this hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without knowing anything about him.

If he's some kind of aggro tag his range also has a lot of:

- complete airballs

- overcards+backdoors

- flushdraws

- some Qx

that figure your donk is weak and want to respond with aggression, being for value or a (semi-)bluff. Depending on how he views you and on his style, he might or might not continue to (semi-)bluff/valuebet into you if you call the flop and check the turn to him / call the flop and lead into him a blank turn / 3bet the flop.

That means optimal lines will vary:

- bet/3bet if he's gonna jam draws/air/Qx or not going to put any more money in with them unless he improves anyway

- bet/call check/raise if he's likely to bet again air/draws/Qx on the turn but would fold to a 3bet

- bet/call donk if you think you can induce calls/spazzes from hands that would check back the turn like marginal Qx or flushdraws he's an adept of pot controlling / taking free cards.

If he's a fish just 3bet and hope for the best, he'll call/jam a draw if he has one, same thing with Qx depending on how willing he is to felt top pair.

I don't think check/raising is bad either, it's not THAT drawy and since BU isoraised preflop he's kinda likely to fire out a c-bet on this board.

Hope it helps.
    • Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      thanks