This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cascade or Tile?

• 11 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      at the moment i tile 8-12 tables because i have dual monitors. ive actually never tried cascading but ive heard you can play a lot more tables and most of the top grinders cascade.

but i like watching some of the action and taking reads rather than just using standard plays which i think is a big benefit of tiling.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i´m playing 12-16 sngs cascaded and pull tables to the right/bottom edge of my monitor if it´s getting down to like 4-5 handed or if the blinds go up to 200-240 (full tilt)
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      but i like watching some of the action and taking reads rather than just using standard plays which i think is a big benefit of tiling.
      This is why I tile as well.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I also tile for the above reasons. I prefer it as I can auto fold on tables before if gets to me.

If you want to megagrind than cascading is the way to go, but I think this way you get less time per desicion so you need to really be on top of your game.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Stack + Hotkeys to pull out tables that require special attention.
    • Orvara
      Orvara
      Silver
      Originally posted by xponentx
      Stack + Hotkeys to pull out tables that require special attention.
      Where can i find hotkeys for that? I have dual monitors and would like to stack/cascade and then when I play difficult hand i want to hit one key to move it to the other monitor and another to get it back into the stack/cascade. I have heard that the mega grinders do it like that but I haven´t found any programs for it.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      tableninja does this and much more.. it is also on the allowed list of software on pokerstars
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Yep Tableninja for Stars (not sure if the FT version does this), but to be honest I use the AHK script called StarsStacker. I have the full version of TN, but SS is just a bit simpler and more customisable for this specific function (and free). Also SS can be used on any platform, not just Stars. There's also a new program called Table of Interest, which expands on the idea, but again it's a paid program.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Well, since i'm the one who started...

I play 6 tables more or less tiled (4 in the corners and 2 in the middle). I tried going up but i think it's to early for me. I am playing with stats, reads, searching players on sharkscope/pokerprolabs, and i like to pay attention on blinds changes in the late phases.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Table Ninja if free on FT but a beta version and therefore more simpler. It doesn't move tables around just makes betting quicker/easier. It's a must
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      I cascade 10-20 tables and use TableNinja to fold/check/call/raise with single buttons.

If i'm playing 4-9 tables I like to tile and use HEM.

I think it comes down to personal preference and playing style as well as the limits you're playing I guess. I just like to mix it up as both have their merits and I don't have a big enough sample yet to judge ROI.