Cascade or Tile?

• 11 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      at the moment i tile 8-12 tables because i have dual monitors. ive actually never tried cascading but ive heard you can play a lot more tables and most of the top grinders cascade.

but i like watching some of the action and taking reads rather than just using standard plays which i think is a big benefit of tiling.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i´m playing 12-16 sngs cascaded and pull tables to the right/bottom edge of my monitor if it´s getting down to like 4-5 handed or if the blinds go up to 200-240 (full tilt)
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      but i like watching some of the action and taking reads rather than just using standard plays which i think is a big benefit of tiling.
      This is why I tile as well.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I also tile for the above reasons. I prefer it as I can auto fold on tables before if gets to me.

If you want to megagrind than cascading is the way to go, but I think this way you get less time per desicion so you need to really be on top of your game.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Stack + Hotkeys to pull out tables that require special attention.
    • Orvara
      Orvara
      Silver
      Originally posted by xponentx
      Stack + Hotkeys to pull out tables that require special attention.
      Where can i find hotkeys for that? I have dual monitors and would like to stack/cascade and then when I play difficult hand i want to hit one key to move it to the other monitor and another to get it back into the stack/cascade. I have heard that the mega grinders do it like that but I haven´t found any programs for it.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      tableninja does this and much more.. it is also on the allowed list of software on pokerstars
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Yep Tableninja for Stars (not sure if the FT version does this), but to be honest I use the AHK script called StarsStacker. I have the full version of TN, but SS is just a bit simpler and more customisable for this specific function (and free). Also SS can be used on any platform, not just Stars. There's also a new program called Table of Interest, which expands on the idea, but again it's a paid program.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Well, since i'm the one who started...

I play 6 tables more or less tiled (4 in the corners and 2 in the middle). I tried going up but i think it's to early for me. I am playing with stats, reads, searching players on sharkscope/pokerprolabs, and i like to pay attention on blinds changes in the late phases.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Table Ninja if free on FT but a beta version and therefore more simpler. It doesn't move tables around just makes betting quicker/easier. It's a must
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      I cascade 10-20 tables and use TableNinja to fold/check/call/raise with single buttons.

If i'm playing 4-9 tables I like to tile and use HEM.

I think it comes down to personal preference and playing style as well as the limits you're playing I guess. I just like to mix it up as both have their merits and I don't have a big enough sample yet to judge ROI.