$21.59
      MP3:
      $5.76
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU(Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.47) 6, A, 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB folds, MP2 raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.67) K (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($2.27) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Final Pot: $3.07.

opponent is 44/13 aggresive postflop.

I see that I should folded on the turn. However what should be my reaction on the flop when he min raises me?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think calling down is horrible for these odds, you'll see some players minraise TP on the flop and then blockbet/valuebet small because the board got scary and they have no clue what they're doing.

To face the dreaded minraise you can only rely on your reads and the frequency with which he uses that play. If you've seen him check/call down top pair chances are he can't minraise that. Same with a draw. If he's doing that all the time he has pretty much anything in his range, include any pair and any sort of draw. If he's not doing it that often it's probably a combo of top pairs/monters or monsters/draws.

Since you're often too likely to isolate yourself against a range that has you smoked when you 3bet TPGK, calling in position planning to call down on blanks unless maybe he pots it all the way is usually the way to go.

Hope it helps.