This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 97o NL5 SH

• loop2troop
      loop2troop
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $11.40
      CO:
      $6.41
      BU:
      $4.35
      SB:
      $18.84
      BB(Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 7.
      2 folds, BU calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) A, 9, 7 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BU raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.65) Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $3.80(All-In), SB calls $3.80, Hero folds.

River: ($9.25) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.25.

So I want to ask about the raise on the flop. I was raising to get value not to give the guy on the BTN good odds to call.

When he raises me I have 12% pot odds thus even though I know that I am underdog I am calling. But is this call ok? There is a chance that I am drawing to worse full house, Should I fold in such a situation even though I have great pot odds to call?

Thank you
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm definitely not folding to the min3bet, and considering they both limped + it's nl5 i'd probably just 4bet huge and get it in, expecting to see enough top pairs good kicker / flushdraws to make that profitable, as well as the occasional set / better two pairs coolers.

As played easy check/fold on the turn. If it wasn't a club i'd have bet out myself again and stacked off.

Hope it helps.