[NL2-NL10] Kjo Nl 10sh

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($15.59)
      SB ($4.60)
      Hero (UTG) ($15.53)
      BB ($11.93)
      Button ($12.80)
      CO ($2)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, K
      Hero bets $0.50, 2 folds, Button calls $0.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.30) 4, K, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.93, Button calls $0.93

Turn: ($3.16) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, Button raises $4.50, Hero raises $11.85 (All-In), Button calls $6.87 (All-In)

River: ($25.90) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $25.90

Villian is 42/23/1.7 (VPIP/PFR/AF) after 51 hands
  • 4 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      You are very rarely beating anything here, I'd fold to the turn raise. I don't think playing for stacks with TPGK is a good idea, especially when his line looks like 2pair, set.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Feels horrible obviously, we all hate these moments when we finally have a decent hand against a passive fish to valuebet him to death after unsuccessful attempting to do so for the last half hour, and then suddenly he takes a super strong line.

Problem is most of them will never do that with worse than KJ. Sometimes you'll see a player make a huge raise with a combo draw on the turn when you wouldn't have expected him to, but i think more often than not when he minraises he'll just have you smoked.

So i'd fold as a default, barring a read that he can make nonsensical raises with less than stellar hands.

Hope it helps.
    • franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      OK, but should I always fold on that kind min-gayraise on turn??? I think that I can't call OOP and then fold on river. So what you suggest to play as a defsault choice??? Cause It is really a big problem for me and I don't know how to play in spots like this one.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's all about ranges, as usual. You need reasons to bet and reasons to stick around when you get raised. To keep it simple you shouldn't really do anything but folding against this minraise unless you can put worse hands in his range for doing it, that includes (semi-)bluffs and/or worse made hands.

If he never or very rarely has those, you're just continuing against a range that crushes you. If he does have some of these often enough to balance the times he has better hands, than you need to figure out the best way to get value out of those worse hands while accepting the fact that you're getting stacked by better hands no matter what.

If he's raise/calling draws, jamming is fine. If he's raising bluffs he's not calling a jam with these on the turn, so you need to call the turn and check/call at least blank rivers, maybe sometimes any river if he's a just bluffing machine. If he's raising worse made hands for value, chances are he's not folding to a shove, but he's rarely going to shove the river himself and you risk him checking behind, so shoving is probably better.

Overall my advice for microstakes, just bet/fold there against players you haven't seen monkeying around. While you improve you'll get better at reading people and reading hands, you'll start to find reasons to deviate from the bet/fold default. You've seen him minraise 3 times out of 4 pots he played postflop and he showed bottom pair one time? Same and he showed a flushdraw? Or a pair+draw he suddenly went nuts with? That's good enough.

Hope it helps.