[NL2-NL10] AQs FR

• SilentSteve
      SilentSteve
      Bronze
      Lacked any reads on this guy, fold sooner?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.17
      UTG2:
      $2.95
      MP1:
      $10.22
      MP2(Hero):
      $6.93
      MP3:
      $10.18
      CO:
      $10.51
      BU:
      $4.83
      SB:
      $1.62

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 2, 8, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, CO calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.77) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, CO calls $0.15.

River: ($1.07) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.07.
  • 5 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      If you're going to double barrel, barrel bigger, like 0.60 or so. 0.15 pretty much confirms you have absolutely nothing.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Bet flop bigger.

Also bet turn bigger if you want to double barrel.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

What they said. The whole idea of continuation betting is to take down the pot, you can't do that if all your opponents think about is "wow it's cheap i'm not folding my 33".

If you had made a normal c-bet you should definitely have fired the turn provided that guy is at all capable of folding, as played it's gonna be less efficient but it'll probably still yield a profit. Again tho, bet bigger.

Hope it helps.
    • SilentSteve
      SilentSteve
      Bronze
      How much would you cbet in this case tamairlarace? From the articles I understood a cbet to be between 1/2 and 2/3rds the pot.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Generally it varies depending on the board texture and the stack sizes, and often not on the strength of your hand to avoid people reading you too easily.

So while keeping this in mind for your development as a player, at microstakes you can often just bet depending on what you want to accomplish with your hand since players there are mostly unobservant, and most won't care about bet sizing that much.

So i'd put less focus on the board texture, and bet as default probably something like:

- 1/2 to 3/5 as a cheap bluff yet big enough that it doesn't look like a free pass, especially against players who are mostly playing fit-or-fold or don't care at all about bet sizing.

- 2/3 to 3/4 to pot for value, depending mostly on how much i think they're willing to call and how big i need to make my bets in order to stack them by the river.

Hope it helps.