This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Fr, blockbet on river

• Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.83
      MP3:
      $0.77
      CO:
      $1.82
      BU:
      $5.57
      SB:
      $1.45
      BB(Hero):
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, 2 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) K, 2, T (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.15) J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, SB folds.

River: ($0.45) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15.

Freeplay from BB.
      Check flop because I don´t have anything except a gutshot.

My gutshot hit on turn and I now have a straight, I bet pot for value and protection vs flushdraws.

When a spade shows up on the river Im not sure on what to do. but ofcourse my hand is not good very often. I decide that checking would give my opponent a to big oportunity to bluff me and I would not be able to call even a small bet from him.. I therefor decide to bet smallish myself to prevent him from bluffing. I would fold if he raise and I hope him to fold himself..maybe he would even fold a weak flush but probably not when my bet is that small..
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop/flop/turn is fine obviously.

On the river it depends how many worse hands you can put in his range that will call a bet on the river. If there are a lot of them because he's sortof a calling station and can't fold Kx/Jx ever then bet/folding bigger is fine. If he's so tight he's never calling without a flush, he's usually also unlikely to bluff at it, so i don't mind check/folding it. Anywhere in the middle, your line is fine.

Hope it helps.