[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR, flush on paired board

• Janusrichmond
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, A.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) 2, 7, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05, SB calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.3) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, SB calls $0.20.

River: ($0.9) Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP1 folds, SB raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $4.80, SB calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $10.5.
      Results follow:

my small bet on flop is just to get a cheap turncard, when I hit top pair on turn (with flushdraw) I bet for value.

Hit my flush on river and push all in. is this okey, even with a paired board. Hope my opponent is holding a weaker flush. Or should I only call because the risk of he beeing on a full house or quads?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd pot the flush to build the pot for when i hit so i can get paid off big. As played i'd pot the turn too, it's a clear valuebet with top pair by then. As played i'd also bet bigger on the river, since his hand looks like a flushdraw or 7x up to the river and we're gonna have a hard time getting 7x to call another bet anyway.

When he raises hard to tell, if he's a fish shoving is probably fine he'll call it off with worse flushes, so even if he sometimes shows a boat it's not that bad. If you've seen him around multi-tabling or he looks like a reg in any way it becomes a lot more likely he was just slowplaying a lock on the flop like 22/77, because these players usually won't c/c draws all the way, so just calling the raise is probably better barring a read that he's horrible.

Hope it helps.