This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR, flush on paired board

• Janusrichmond
      Janusrichmond
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $5.25
      MP3:
      $4.28
      CO:
      $1.68
      BU:
      $6.29
      SB:
      $6.44
      BB(Hero):
      $5.10
      UTG1:
      $1.72
      UTG2:
      $2.12
      MP1:
      $6.75

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, A.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.15) 2, 7, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05, SB calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.3) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, SB calls $0.20.

River: ($0.9) Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, MP1 folds, SB raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $4.80, SB calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $10.5.
      Results follow:

my small bet on flop is just to get a cheap turncard, when I hit top pair on turn (with flushdraw) I bet for value.

Hit my flush on river and push all in. is this okey, even with a paired board. Hope my opponent is holding a weaker flush. Or should I only call because the risk of he beeing on a full house or quads?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd pot the flush to build the pot for when i hit so i can get paid off big. As played i'd pot the turn too, it's a clear valuebet with top pair by then. As played i'd also bet bigger on the river, since his hand looks like a flushdraw or 7x up to the river and we're gonna have a hard time getting 7x to call another bet anyway.

When he raises hard to tell, if he's a fish shoving is probably fine he'll call it off with worse flushes, so even if he sometimes shows a boat it's not that bad. If you've seen him around multi-tabling or he looks like a reg in any way it becomes a lot more likely he was just slowplaying a lock on the flop like 22/77, because these players usually won't c/c draws all the way, so just calling the raise is probably better barring a read that he's horrible.

Hope it helps.