Stack
      Hero:
      $50,00
      CO:
      $35,70
      BU:
      $94,05

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:heart:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,50, BU raises to $2,25, Hero raises to $7,00, 2 folds, BU calls $4,75.

Flop: ($15,00) J:diamond: , Q:club: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8,00, BU calls $8,00.

Turn: ($31,00) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $79,05 (All-In), Hero ...?

I was going for check/raise.
  • 4 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Do you have some additional reads on your opponent? Has he done something weird or some good plays of him?

according to stats, it seems that he is a thinking player.

I would just bet on turn and call shove.

Now it is somewhat harder. You have to call 35 into 66. So you have to be good in once in three times.
      I would call this one, although it is pretty close. He could have you crushed with set or straight, but I think he does that with bluffs, semibluffs, AQ also sometimes. If he has two pair, you have some outs to beat him.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      according to stats, it seems that he is a thinking player.

I don't agree with this actually, in the first place sample size is too small, and secondly what we can take away from it (WTSD: 55, W$SD 33) doesn't suggest that hes much of a thinking player. I don't think I could ever fold this.

Also I'd prefer B/C Turn instead of C/R, unless you have a read that he likes to float and steal when you check turn. With AF 1.2 hes mostly checking behind and you don't want to give a free card with on this board.
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      First of all I have no reads on him.

Actually he looks like a thinking player to me (19/17). His shove was definitely a surprise for me. I like to checkraise here a lot, because I don't like to fold my hand in a 3bet pot and I like to induce him to bluff. I don't beat much of his 3bet calling range there however, I think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: Being OOP you can even raise biger here, ~$8.

As played
      Flop: Also I am betting bigger, ~$12 for block against draws and also extract value from weaker hands.
      Turn: Against such an opponent there ain't many reasons to Check/Raise, he usually will just Check behind with his draw. Just Bet/Call otherwise as you played I am thinking of laying my hand down.

Best regards,
      Rensu