Playing SSS on another site

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Hi, I have a question. I sometimes play at another site, "svenska spel" and they have a very unusual maximum buy-in, 200xBB, at least Ive never seen it. But should I still buy-in with 20xBB or should I make a buy-in of 1/5? 40xBB that is.
  • 7 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Play with 20 BB, otherwise you´re not a shortstack anymore, even if all other Buy-In with 200 BB (but I assume most of the players buy-in with 100 BB)
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Its kind of divided, like 1/3 makes small buyins, another third makes around 100 and the rest at least SEEM to be making max buyin, or perhaps not 1/3.. I guess its more like 1/4 but oh well.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

You better play with 20BB. As Berliner1982 already mentioned: otherwise you are not a shortstack anymore and the play becomes more difficult because you would face more difficult situations postflop.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Your advantages as a short stack are only enhanced by deep stacks at the table. Keep buying in for 20bb.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      you need 20BB and not 40 because otherwise you give other people better implied odds to call with suited connecters, low pairs, ...
    • Werdna
      Werdna
      Bronze
      A follow on question to this:

Is it better to join tables with hardly any other short stacks? Mostly short stacks? Or doesn't that make much difference regarding the SSS and it's odds?
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Werdna
      A follow on question to this:

Is it better to join tables with hardly any other short stacks? Mostly short stacks? Or doesn't that make much difference regarding the SSS and it's odds?
      better against big stacks
      if they are multitabling they often call in positio nwith hand that need implied odds without checking your stacksize
      if you're playing against another shortstack whos doing the sss then your EV will be a little lower