not obvious retracking thread

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      As subject says, it's not standard situation. ;)

I've heard about possibility of getting your account closed because your username points as you directly. I mean, if it contains your whole name or just surname which is not one-of-the-most-common, you could get your account closed...
      I'm not sure how much truth is behind such statement, but it was mentioned here (dont want to search for it atm), i read something similar on 2+2 a long ago and one guy (semipro player) remind me about it lately.

The thing is, my username is exactly my last name which would be fine if I'm called Smith or something like that. Thanks God, there're only 3-5 other men with the same name as mine in Slovakia (dozens in USA + probably someone somewhere else), so I think I can mention this as reason to close my account -> I really don't want to be automatically recognize (Stars is my main and only account).

What do you think? Is it possible to base my request upon this?
      What should I exactly ask for?

Any ideas are welcome!
  • 12 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hmm. You could make your P*s avatar a pair of enormous, barely contained breasts as a means of distracting 90% of the population from looking at your nick.

That's this ideas well tapped. :f_rolleyes:
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Obviously, it's not about the nick but about getting account closed and be able to open new one ;)
    • Moonwolf52000
      Moonwolf52000
      Bronze
      I highly doubt that they would allow you to be tracked on your new account, Since they would have to pay PS money when you came in the first place, ot wasn't because of PS.

they might allow you to create a new account if you username is linked to you in real life, but they woud probably put conditions on it, such as money must be transferred and then the original account will be closed.

Good luck in your attempt but I highly doubt it

moonwolf
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I just officially changed my surname to Berzerger, scanned my ID and sent it to Stars support. Hopefully they'll reply soon.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      funny
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally by PokerStars
      "We are willing to allow you to change your User ID on this occasion. We have granted your account the appropriate privileges, so please..."

:f_cool:
    • joehahaha
      joehahaha
      Bronze
      Wich means new user id but not new retracking...%?
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Are you going to elaborate on what happened? I might have a case myself, but won't bother if it won't get me retracked.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      Are you going to elaborate on what happened? I might have a case myself, but won't bother if it won't get me retracked.
      This:
      Originally posted by opal99
      The thing is, my username is exactly my last name which would be fine if I'm called Smith or something like that. Thanks God, there're only 3-5 other men with the same name as mine in Slovakia (dozens in USA + probably someone somewhere else), so I think I can mention this as reason to close my account -> I really don't want to be automatically recognize (Stars is my main and only account).
      + I said I've just moved back to Stars and would like to play there as my only room next year, but will leave if not able to create new account... Didn't lie in anything.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Never accused you of lying :)

What I was wondering was if you succeeded to get your account closed and got the ability to create a new one, or they would just let you change the name of the current one but not retrack you.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Yes, they allowed me to create new account. I should send them new username and they'll transfer all funds and FPP/VPP to a new account. That's what their support guy told me in email. Once I come up with idea about new username, I'll create it and will report here how it went.... maybe not this year though
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Ok. Good luck. I look forward to your report. I might have a pretty good case with my username.