[NL20-NL50] Folded an overpair. Was it a good fold?

• nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Hi guys, i was playing in this table for about a one hundred hands and i had a good read on villan, the raise seemed too tricky i somehow i don't know if it was a good or bad fold.

Just in case, the player was really tight-agressive, winning pots with usuall cards higher than QQ.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.95
      CO:
      $8.85
      BU:
      $26.95
      SB(Hero):
      $8.65

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.4) 8, 7, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB raises to $2.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.2.
  • 4 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      For me its a good fold, that flop hits soo hard his range, he can have 2pair, sets, and the only other overpair you are beating still has a lots of outs (TT).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      there are some problems taking b/f line on the flop
      First you´re not full stack so people don´t believe you´re likely not the best player in the world, so you can easily bet out flop with Ak and then fold to raise
      Second board is so drawy that BB can easily raise flop for information/value 9x hand or smt like 66/TT thinking he has fold equity and you sometimes doesn´t have there overpair
      Considering all that I think flop is shove or if you want to see blank turn card then b/c flop and c/rai turn
      Imo you can only lay down your hand if player is very nitty and only raise flop with made hands, which is two pair+ on this flop, but you don´t see too many people playing nl 10 in 4-handed games
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Actually i did bought in for 100 BB, and the table was 9-handed. But i don't know why the Hand History didn't gave information on other players.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      9 handed table b/c that flop is more reasonable, since players tend to be then more aggressive and get all-in lighter than two pair +