This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($18.07)
      Button ($3.65)
      Hero (MP) ($10.27)
      SB ($10.20)
      UTG ($13)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, K
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises $1.30, Hero raises $9.97 (All-In), BB calls $8.87

Flop: ($20.59) 10, 7, 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($20.59) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($20.59) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.59

Villian is 29/22/3.4 (VPIP/PFR/AF)with 9% 3-bet( 12%sb or bb). Do you think that this is a good idea to shove/call in preflop with that hand. For a month I haven't seen anyone calling me with worser hand than KK+ :f_mad:

Would be line 4-bet/fold better or after 4-bet I have to always call?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Do the math and see for yourself once and for all :)

In general terms, if you think you can 4-bet AK, this means his 3-betting range is rather wide. There is no sense in you 4betting if he's only 3-betting AK/QQ+, you're likely better off calling with it or even (God forbid..) folding it.

If he indeed has other hands than AK/QQ+ in his 3-betting range, even if he's only 5-betting KK+, that means he'll 3-bet/fold the rest of the hands. The dead money you pick up when he 3-bet/folds makes up for the equity disadvantage you have when you get it in against KK+ a lot more quickly than most people think.

If he's really 3-betting 12% from the blinds against you, shoving there is still massively +ev.

Hope it helps.