kidsolo
      Bronze
      i use 20 but thats on the aggresive side 30 should be good
      proffesional pokerplayers use 35+

imo 25-30
    • Kleftakos
      Kleftakos
      Bronze
      The game is texas hold'em, I tried some 2$ heads up in Pokerstars and won 6 before I lost one, then I moved up to 5$ where I went to 150$ in one day. I was thinking that I am really good at heads up or something, then the downswing came and I went down to 50$ again. I guess I have to rebuild on the 2$ again that are much easier, on the 5$ I occasionally ran into some really good players.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      With 100 buyins brm you should be good. More on the higher limits, like I'd say on the $10 at least 120 bi.

I am playing 9 man turbos SNG with 100 bi. Might seem nitty but IMO it's better to be overrolled than underrolled for a current limit.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      With 100 buyins brm you should be good. More on the higher limits, like I'd say on the $10 at least 120 bi.

I am playing 9 man turbos SNG with 100 bi. Might seem nitty but IMO it's better to be overrolled than underrolled for a current limit.
      This is way too tight for HUSNGs. 50BI is already quite conservative.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      20 buy-ins is the minimum you should consider and anything over 35 is not justified if u have a minimal edge considering variance alone. As u get higher in stakes then u have to consider your individual psychology and what you're comfortable with.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Optimal BRM depends on your ROI. With 20% ROI you only need ~25 buy-ins, while with 1% ROI you need more than 100.
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg

10$ is higher limits ?? lol . i usually play 10$ , crushing it. at 20$ i am break even.

either way if i had to start from scratch i would use 10-15 bi up to 10$

edit: reason is there are so many bad players you can wait to choose your spots, avoid coinflips and big variance. i might even fold the best hand quite a few times in a 60/40 when i know i have a huge edge against my opponent
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      im currently playing HU sng. and 20BI brm is not something i would suggest.

I don't think these players realise how swingy HU sng can be. like you i've won 7 in a row yet i've also lost about 7 in a row when i was running terrible. One downswing would mean your Bankroll is halfed or gone, not even a downswing just one session that has to go terrible.

You can play as good as you want in HU SNG but sometimes the cards don't help you. And when you lose 3 all ins in a row and was ahead every time and then lose it you there isn't really anything you could have done.

im currently doing around 20BI BRM but only because there isn't any lower then $2 at pokerstars ;) im currently taking a little break, i do find them quite easy. But very frustrating when donkeys keep sucking out on you.

I personally would suggest 50BI, but really conservative brm can't hurt.. agressive can xD