Poor table-selection at NL200 6max

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I have started playing NL200 SH on Stars one month ago and I find that the games are complete shit. Every table is filled with regs and the few good tables around have like 10 people on the waiting list, trying to get a shot at the 5% fish who occasionally turn up. Either that or the table with high PFR has like 4 short stacks

Any idea on how to improve table selection? Should we be starting our own 6max tables or playing the 3-4 handed games to "catch" the fishes?

Any particular time of the day when the games are super easy? I usually play at night (Asia time so probably morning in US)
  • 4 replies
    • TurboMaN
      TurboMaN
      Bronze
      The days when the games have been supereasy are gone.
      You should play and adept.

Most of the regs are pretty bad when it comes to big pots.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      IMO games at stars are generally worse than FullTilt. Looser games at FT.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      November and especially December are by far the worst months of the year to play at stars because there a lot of Supernova Elite grinders trying to get few hundred thousands VPPs. I've heard January is pretty bad as well, but after that game quality should go up a lot.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      "The days when the games have been supereasy are gone.
      You should play and adept.

Most of the regs are pretty bad when it comes to big pots. "

of course i would certainly want to work on my play to beat these guys. but if i can game-select and play against more fish, certainly it would be way better and my winrate will increase dramatically.

i also play on Ipoker as well and I find Ipoker so much easier, though I really prefer the Pokerstars software (more for fullring) and I like timebank/VIP system. I have supernova status there so i dont wish to waste it away after one year of grinding