$4.72
      CO(Hero):
      $2.15
      BU:
      $6.41
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) A, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $2.03, Hero calls $1.15(All-In).

Turn: ($4.73) 8 (2 players)

River: ($4.73) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.73.
  • 4 replies
    • forfree83
      forfree83
      Bronze
      you never asume oponent floped flush. with TPTK you always go broke so it was played fine to me.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I dont see anything wrong iwth the way you played your hand. But I am not sure folding would have been wrong either.

On another note however. In basic sss it says NOT to play on table with more than 2 short stack. you have 4 on your table.
    • exorcism
      exorcism
      Bronze
      there is always a lot of confusion with this not more than 2 short stacks...

actually, it should never be more than 2 opponents that are also using the SS strategy. not everyone that buys in for 2$ is guaranteed to play SSS. that's where notes, stats etc. come in handy.

As for the hand, well played. You can go broke here with TP. I would actually shove the flop since it is so draw heavy.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Swire,

nice hand! On this flop there are more drawing hands than made hands in villain's range so you should bet and go broke for value and protection.

As for the no more than 2 short stackers rule, it's more of a beginner rule, because on higher limits there is no way to find a table with max 2 SSS players. But on micro/low limits there is plenty of tables to select from and one can easily find such tables, so this rule is there mostly to make beginners work on table selection, because the more profitable tables you play easier it will be to make profit and move up in limits.

...in case it's not clear, other SSS players aren't profitable to play against. :)

Regards,
      burek2000