whats wrong?

• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      im down 700$ over 15k hands. i play a standard "20/16ish" game. im a decent player and have a good idea about percentages and so on. the problem: i constantly loose to vpip40-80 fish. if i have AK and isolate the fish i will hit a pair 1 time of 10. its sick. and i constantly end up having the worst hand postflop after isolating a fish with a better hand preflop. wtf? one other thing i have noticed is that i constantly loose in bigger pots where im a 80-90% favourite. i guess i understand why the pokersite would do this. if the retarded fish would loose AS THEY SHOULD they would ofcourse go broke pretty fast and leave the site. so not hard to see why they win so often in bigger pots as 85% underdogs. that way they can play on. whats the use playing when i cant win vs worse players? how can pokersites treat us like this? (i play at pacific poker at the moment.) at some point this cardhouse must be coming down on them. (is someone researching?) and then i will have a big fuk*n amount of cash coming back to me.

why read articles,books, watch videos and so on when its not in my hands?
  • 12 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Used to play NL SH, played well over 1mil hands. I used to have spells of 30k-50k hands where I was B/E or losing. This is relevant due to the sample size u provided. 15k hands isn't a whole lot and quite a few players take 10days to play that volume. Also how many buy-ins does 700$ translate to? If it's more than 25BI it's likely u have problems over-playing hands and not folding enough in certain spots. But it's hard to say with so little info.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      how can pokersites treat us like this? (i play at pacific poker at the moment.) at some point this cardhouse must be coming down on them. (is someone researching?) and then i will have a big fuk*n amount of cash coming back to me.

lol. good luck with that. cant wait until the poker sites relise that the best hand preflop should always win and give back the money that everyone has lost. like the ultimate rakeback!
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Atoks

i try to have atleast 20buyins for my limit.
      "problems over-playing hands and not folding enough in certain spots". that might be true. im loosing alot with 1pair (and high card ofcourse). winning with everythin else. it just feels like i would be VERY nitty postflop if i would start folding everything thats not 2pair an better.. how should i handle this? my c-bet percentage is already a bit low. =) its about 55%.. to low?

anyway, it has continued over 2 weeks now. have lost 70% of my bankroll. and that is mostly to terrible players. the 30/2 and 80/5 kind of fish. when i started playing poker 2years ago i would never had thought it was possible to become a loosing player THIS way. i want to become a loosing player because im OUTPLAYED. not this fukin way. this is horrible. how can they hit their draws every fukin time? how can i loose "QQ vs JJ" type hands in all in preflop this often?

and the weirdest thing.. ive even noticed that if i have AJ and raise preflop there is almost always a Q in the flop. wtf? its almost always Q84 or Q92 or whatever. im amazed.

well atleast im feeling pretty peaceful. because i dont have any hopes in poker anymore. i know now that poker is ALOT about luck and what cards the flop/turn/river brings. luck i will never have. im dooooomed. skill is useful and can make u a winning player ofcourse. but its more a luck game than its skill. thats why alot of the big fish never goes broke.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      "
      i try to have atleast 20buyins for my limit."

This is your problem. Try 40 BI instead, and you will have a harder time losing 70% of your bankroll (assuming youre actually playing well)
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      fongie

i always play well :D

does pokerstrategy provide some kind of "send your stats and get info on your leaks" service?
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      15K hands is not a big sample. Not long ago I had a 10K downswing, lost a lot to the same kind of hands you are loosing to.

Within 2 days I lost 2 buyins with a flopped full vs flop quads. One of my full's improved to quads, but villain had the higher quad.

In 3 days, I had AQ vs Q3 and AK vs K3, exact same situation, flop Qxx and Kxx, we are all-in on the turn, both times river is 3.

And I am not mentioning all the flips I lost, all the flushes, runer-runer straights that called all the way down to the river vs my 2pairs/sets.

All I could do is try to minimize my losses and keep my confidence. It is really really hard, but at the end you will become a better player.

Good luck, and don't give up!
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Frakkk

ok thanx 4 the encouraging words. its just so wierd.. why does it feel like i have way bigger problems with callingstations? it almost feels like its easier to play vs regulars..
    • JohnDavis
      JohnDavis
      Bronze
      How much are u betting preflop...? or after the flop..?
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      4bb preflop and c-bet about 6bb.
    • xtian168
      xtian168
      Bronze
      Im having the same problem also. i just started with my fifty dollars starting capital, i have won first several tournaments in the 1.10 buy in placing first place in 80 players, then placing 2nd place and third place on other 1.10 tournaments. making me a very confident tight and aggressive player. But unfortunately last since last week i have been loosing. im losing my confidence because if i hit the nuts on the flop, almost 80 percent of the time i will be beaten by a set or a straight or a flush coming out on the turn and river. wtf is this. like if i have pocket kings, i get beaten by pocket 4s. sick. pocket aces beaten by pocket 4s. in my desperation attempt i tried to play nl .01-.02 using short stack strategy but Im still loosing, not only my bankroll but my confidence in playing poker. now my bankroll is down to 1.55.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      4bb preflop and c-bet about 6bb.
      Dont't c-bet often against calling stations. They cant fold... (what's in the name lol) If you c-bet:
      c-bet 1/2 pot on dry board
      c-bet 2/3 pot on drawy board

If you bet 4bb and get called the pot is 9.5bb (if blinds fold). A c-bet of 4bb is too low.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze

does pokerstrategy provide some kind of "send your stats and get info on your leaks" service?
      Not really no, there are always coaches willing to give private coachings though :f_p: Not quite the same thing ;) You can always post the stats here, I'm sure some helpful players will give you their opinion - then it's up to you to consider who to listen to (best advice I can give in these training-sites-age is to think for yourself and figure out what is best to do *after* taking in all information, blindly following a strategy or others advice to the letter will only get you so far)