[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ, dream flop

• wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      Villain is loose-passive before the flop and almost always folds to the continuation bet after the flop.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , J:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.55, BB folds, UTG calls $0.45, CO calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.75) Q:club: , T:spade: , K:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG folds, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

River: ($7.75) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00.

Final Pot: $15.75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, ace high (Ac Jh)

Hero wins with a straight, ace high (Ac Jh)

Was it played okay? I'm particularly interested in the amount that I bet each time. Could I have extracted any more value?

Cheers.
  • 4 replies
    • forfree83
      forfree83
      Bronze
      you floped nuts on the board that will often hit your oponent as well (2 pair, top pair + OESD, FD etc.), so you should bet big enough to be all-in at the river.

if you bet $1.20 on the flop and $3 on turn, pot at the river should be about $10 and you should have something about $5.25 (asuming you have 100BB efective). it should be than an easy stack off.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd even go further and say that if he folds to c-bets so often you bet sizing probably doesn't matter much, either he likes his hand enough to continue or he doesn't, and he'll most likely call anything between 1/2 pot and pot.

You have the nuts but the board is still kinda drawy, which means if he has a draw the value you'll get from these you'll get before the river. So i'd bet like $1.5 on the flop and whatever a 3/4 pot bet is on the turn. After that we have to shove the river for whatever is left, no matter what the river is.

Hope it helps.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Agree with above. Although just a comment I wouldn't call it a dream flop, it's a pretty standard flop due to variance.

This I think would be a dream flop. I'm on the big blind with 72, everyone limps in, flop comes 772 or 777 or 222.
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      Hmm, well there aren't many better flops you can get with AJo.

Thanks all.