[NL20-NL50] NL25 AJ called in Blinds versus Post/Call CO.

• DaPhunk
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 435688
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $7.50
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $11.33
      Hero (SB): $31.51
      BB: $4.65
      UTG: $30.06

CO posts a big blind ($0.25)

Pre Flop: ($0.60) Hero is SB with A :spade: J :heart:
      2 folds, CO checks, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, CO calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.25) J :spade: 4 :spade: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.00, Hero calls $5

River: ($17.25) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Bet River???

All we know is that Villain is 36/11 on his first 36 hands. Unfortunately no sample on his Aggression.

Now, I guess standard line would be to bet turn again to make FD's call, but that might well not be a very large part of his range, He likely has a lot of pair type hands or purely hands he didn't feel like folding and wanted to float with. If we just check I think we can often induce a bluff or thin value bet on his part.

On the river we might be able to get Jx to call a bet from us, but likely not that much worse? Now he may well bet that Jx anyway and Maybe we can get more value out of him turning his weak made hands into a bluff with a bet. He's going to check back 9x etc for example so we know his range is polarised when he bets again on river. (Plus that way we don't have to Bet/Fold to his strange two-pairs that have happened when he Post/Calls CO with a wide range)

What do you think we should do? Play it passive to induce or Bet for value on Turn and or River?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I would liked a lot more if you were c/rai on the turn. you´re protecting your tptk and also he would call with worse hands
      If you bet river then you can easily shove since he has close to potsize left or if you think he won´t call your river shove then bet 11$ and call shove
      I would likely bet myself turn to 6$ and shove that river card