[NL2-NL10] NL25 ATs

    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.01.2009 Posts: 245
      Known players:     
      SB:
      $18.85
      BB:
      $7.75
      MP1:
      $11.73
      Hero:
      $5.00

      0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:club: , A:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, BB checks.

      Flop: ($1.00) J:club: , 3:heart: , Q:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

      Turn: ($1.00) 8:club: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.50, BB raises to $2.00, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $4.75 (All-In), SB calls $4.25, BB raises to $7.50 (All-In), SB calls $2.75.

      River: ($20.75) 5:heart: (1 players)


      Final Pot: $20.75
  • 15 replies
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.08.2009 Posts: 320
      Aren't you playing SSS? PF you shouldn't be limping in any situation unless completing the sb.....
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.01.2009 Posts: 245
      Haven't read the gold articles?
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.08.2009 Posts: 320
      So limping with A10s at 25nl is correct? ?( Maybe at 50nl + it's profitable to limp but at 25nl it will get you into so much trouble.....
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.01.2009 Posts: 245
      Originally posted by Swire
      So limping with A10s at 25nl is correct? ?( Maybe at 50nl + it's profitable to limp but at 25nl it will get you into so much trouble.....
      I'll wait for a judge.. thanks anyway..
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.08.2009 Posts: 320
      Originally posted by badpinguin
      Originally posted by Swire
      So limping with A10s at 25nl is correct? ?( Maybe at 50nl + it's profitable to limp but at 25nl it will get you into so much trouble.....
      I'll wait for a judge.. thanks anyway..
      I may be wrong as i havent read the gold articles.... I just think it's strange to be doing advanced SSS at 25nl....
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      What is your line if someone behind you raises?

      I just isolate this preflop if mp1 is Fish.

      Besides having a high SPR postflop with limping, I do not see many advantages of limping so I tend to raise this up preflop because raising gives you many more possiblities to be more +EV

      As played, I'd stab the flop for 3bb, checking behind is fine though
      I would at best call $2 because shoving doesn't give you additional FEQ so it is pretty much the same as calling.

      - Gerv
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.01.2009 Posts: 245
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What is your line if someone behind you raises?

      I just isolate this preflop if mp1 is Fish.

      Besides having a high SPR postflop with limping, I do not see many advantages of limping so I tend to raise this up preflop because raising gives you many more possiblities to be more +EV

      As played, I'd stab the flop for 3bb, checking behind is fine though
      I would at best call $2 because shoving doesn't give you additional FEQ so it is pretty much the same as calling.

      - Gerv

      I just fold to a raise behind if no one else calls, just hoping to hit the flop here. I don't really i get a free card. Giving me a fd and an oesd.
      Would it be better to try to get the SB out of the hand or keep him in it?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      so if you limp/fold preflop, it makes less sense to overlimp hence I raise it up preflop if you have a decent chance of getting the pot both by FEQ and PEQ

      So on the Turn, you definitly want a 3rd,4th person in the pot to earn even more money so thats why I call here but also once again: you have almost no FEQ when you push

      - Gerv
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.01.2009 Posts: 245
      thanks :f_biggrin:
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,560
      I might be wrong but with basic SSS AT is a fold. I might use it for a steal in late position or limp if 2+ limpers before me (not the case here).

      Also if you have not raise preflop in case of a draw c/f.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.03.2009 Posts: 1,416
      Yes basic SSS it is a fold. But you can over-limp with suited aces (mainly with passive vilains still to act), and play for the nut flush only. Meaning: call if pot odds are ok (TP wont be enough because of the kicker problem).
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.08.2009 Posts: 320
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Yes basic SSS it is a fold. But you can over-limp with suited aces (mainly with passive vilains still to act), and play for the nut flush only. Meaning: call if pot odds are ok (TP wont be enough because of the kicker problem).
      If you had read the posts before you, you should of realised that badpinguin is playing advanced SSS therefore he isn't sticking to the SSS starting hand chart.

      Swire
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.03.2009 Posts: 1,416
      Originally posted by Swire
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Yes basic SSS it is a fold. But you can over-limp with suited aces (mainly with passive vilains still to act), and play for the nut flush only. Meaning: call if pot odds are ok (TP wont be enough because of the kicker problem).
      If you had read the posts before you, you should of realised that badpinguin is playing advanced SSS therefore he isn't sticking to the SSS starting hand chart.

      Swire
      Yes, isnt that exactly was I was telling? lol. I was answering the post right above me.
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.08.2009 Posts: 320
      Ahh i see what you mean, i must of mixed up the posts at the time. My bad mate sorry for the confusion ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.05.2008 Posts: 17,678
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      But you can over-limp with suited aces (mainly with passive vilains still to act), and play for the nut flush only.
      Theoretically you can but I see more value in raising A7s++ here