Systematic limit climb(Dippy19)

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Hello community!

Some of you know me, some don't, but I won't introduce my self, since that isn't the point of this blog. But I will tell why I decided to make it(again) and what's going to be in it.

First a little something about what has been happening and what lead me to do what I'm about to do and what I'll be writing here. Basically I used to play FL up to 5$/10$ with some(very little) 10$/20$. Then at the beginning of the summer I was fed up with it, (most)other FL players will know what I'm talking about.
      So I jumped on to SnGs. Started on 16$ and by the end of the summer I was playing up to 114$, but mostly 60$. There's where I hit a brick wall... and an awful downswing that I don't know how I actually managed to overcome. After some searching and examining good regs on various analytical sites I came to the conclusion that none of them are winning and they are all just grinding for rakeback(at least that's the way it is on Stars). But that was exactly why I stopped playing FL X(
      So next stop was NL cash games. We'll I think I'm just not cut out for it so I stopped. Then since I think I have a pretty good knowledge of FL I wanted to give HU a shot. Did excellent there, but like everything, this turned to shit as well. Finished that experience about b/e I think. But something good actually came out of it, I realized that I stress myself over poker way too much and that I should format my money makeing in a way that is the least stressful. So first thought was that I should just grind low limit SnGs around 27$. Did that for the last couple of days and then hit a very obvious downswing, it actually got funny for me in the end :f_p: . But it got me thinking again, thinking about how this has no future and that it can actually get really stressful and that it's not actually my best game... so I'm gonna pick up where I left of, playing FL. Well not exactly where I left of, but at the game I left of. I think that after playing different games I have found a more in depth understanding of the game and also new experience, so I hope it goes better that the first time around.

How am I gonna go about it?
      First of all, the mantra is NO STRESS :) What brings me stress? First of all, losing money when I don't have enough for real life. An important fact is that my life was/maybe still is pretty messed up for the last few months, so I was trying to have as much fun(read:drink, travel, party)as possible plus some other unforeseen expenses took pretty much everything I made during the summer, so all I'm left now is with my BR and some savings. Since I don't want to dig in to my savings, since after this year they are pretty much the only thing I have to show from my poker career, I need some money for the next few months. He he, remembered something funny, I said the same thing at the beginning of summer when I started playing SnGs, since I thought I wouldn't be making money for a while. I ended up cashing out 3kEUR, spent 2k on a 2 week vacation and the other 1k in a month. Thankfully I started making money pretty soon :s_biggrin:
      Anyways, to prevent this stress I'm only leaving 2k$ on Stars and withdrawing the rest. That should be enough for at least 3 months, but it is important that I don't get to thrifty with money again and live a bit more minimalistic(seriously, last few months ware sick :f_mad: )
      The next thing that brings me stress is large money swings themselves, so I'm starting low, since I think I had enough for a while. I'll start on 1$/2$ and move up with 1000BBs.
      And the final thing is... I'm really fucking stressed right now. So I'm gonna do something that I haven't done since I was on vacation during the summer, I'll take a long break, more specifically, till the new year.

Final steps:
      My last poker act this year is to grind out the FPPs(already done that while writing this, result 35kFPP=860T$, now to make it to real cash).

What to do till new year?
      I have a lot of school stuff, but the main plan is to also study poker theory as much as possible before playing again. I especially want to watch the rest of Tommy Angelo's videos. And of course have fun during the holidays =)

Why and what will this blog be?
      Because I'm an attention whore(my exgirlfriends(part of the reason why I've felt like shit last few months) words). Also because I need to stay organized and actually keep to what I'm saying. I'll be posting updates weekly, every week on Sunday. I'll show my overall progress and tell what has been happening.

Progress:
      Like I said move up when over 1000BBs, move down when at 1000BBs of the lower limit. Use all rakeback for moving up, since that makes a big part of a FL players win rate at 3/6 and 5/10 and maybe even 10/20. When I'll get to 5/10 I'll also start playing HU and maybe make stricter BRM restrictions for moving up, for stress reduction. I will also reduce the number of tables while moving up. I expect January to be a long 9 table grind.

I think that's all I wanted to write, if I remember something else I'll edit this post. I'll also add my T$ to $ transformation results late tonight. And for the end I'll drop you my lifetime graphs from SH FL games per limit:

1$/2$:

2$/4$:

3$/6$:

5$/10$:

PS: Sorry Primzi, I just saw that I almost copied your title :f_biggrin:

EDIT: In the end I converted those T$ in to 1593.73$, pretty sweet :s_love:
  • 19 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      nice to see you back! =)

Are you going to play on Stars only btw?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      cool to hear the story behind your downswing.

i thought you were crushing NL?

btw, you seem to be fixed on FL SH, NL SH and STTs.
      but there are so many more poker disciplines that you can become an expert at and play professionally, e.g.:
      NL HU SNGs, FL HU sngs, PLO HU sngs, other HU sngs like o8, multi-table sngs, FL stud hi, stud8, razzz, o8, PLo8, NLo8, capNL, shortstacking PLO, ???

oh, and:
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Well, I actually had a downswing of this proportions on 60$ SnGs and I made out of it, so it's not too much about the downswing as it is about finding myself in the poker world and I think my place is in the FLHE section.

No, I didn't crush NL, I just profited at it, but it's obvious that it's not my game. I still play it on Pacific just for fun and because the field is so soft.

About other games... everything with more than 2 cards is too complex for me :f_confused: :f_biggrin: , so only HE variants are good for me. But, like I said, I will be playing HU in the future, the thing is, right now my personal life has to come completely together first and I don't need the stress of high variance and "big" money games since it only depresses me when I lose a lot and doesn't make me feel much better when I win. The result is that the loses make me play worse and kick me in to a bad mood. Plus I need to improve my game in general, since it kind of lost the A in it.

So the main thing to work at atm is getting my old mindset back and making it even better.

Hope it makes sense :s_confused:

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey dippy!

Thanks for stealing my title. Nah, just kidding, who cares ;) . Mm yes FL is better than SNGs ;) . Although you son't seem to have tried MTTs yet or at least you haven't mentioned it... I do remember you playing those sunday millions and warm-ups on stars though, i'm assuming it didn't go all that well? So you'll be raping the 1/2 on stars, hmm? All I can say is that now I'm even happier that I chose FTP over stars, since I avoided your sharkiness (morskopesovstvo). Good luck at the tables, let's see if I can get to 1000BB for 1/2 before you get to 1000BB for 2/4 :) .

Oh btw, you should use [youtube] [/ youtube] for those vids :)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Primzi
      Hey dippy!

Thanks for stealing my title. Nah, just kidding, who cares ;) . Mm yes FL is better than SNGs ;) . Although you son't seem to have tried MTTs yet or at least you haven't mentioned it... I do remember you playing those sunday millions and warm-ups on stars though, i'm assuming it didn't go all that well? So you'll be raping the 1/2 on stars, hmm? All I can say is that now I'm even happier that I chose FTP over stars, since I avoided your sharkiness (morskopesovstvo). Good luck at the tables, let's see if I can get to 1000BB for 1/2 before you get to 1000BB for 2/4 :) .

Oh btw, you should use [youtube] [/ youtube] for those vids :) [/quote]Thanks, I've been busting my ass off trying to get it to work since I posted :D :D :D

I did play tournaments. Top shark home page says I profited a little over 1k on MTTs on Stars. Also I played 6 MTTs on Pacific last night and made 3 final tables(seriously that site is a gold mine), but they ware pretty small so only 500$ profit. Yes I broke the I won't play till new year thing, but this isn't really playing, it's just for fun :s_love:

I haven't played 1/2 for exactly a year now, hope it didn't get to tough, otherwise you might just beat me :f_p:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      You seem to have some special skills... when I stopped listening to the song and got to living room, it was on the radio. Coincidence?!
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Last Sunday of the year

Well, the last Sunday of the year is here! Along with that the more important point here is that it is the last Sunday of the month and that means, TURBO TAKEDOWN!!! :D

So as you might have guessed, I'm gonna do some tournaments today... tournaments are fun :f_biggrin:

So, I'm playing:
      -1M tourbo takedown
      -Battle of the planets 50k triple shootout
      -The Guinness record tournament

Enough about the present, I'll report on how it went later, now I wanna talk about what I've been doing since I last posted. Progress is slow, which is starting to bother me, I really need to get my lazy ass up and do some serious work on my game. Right now the only thing I did was watch through Tommy Angelos series and 1 of TerrorBlades videos. So this week I'll probably try to get through as many Platinum articles as possible so I can actually say I did something useful.

As I've mentioned in one of my previous posts, I already kind of broke the no playing goal I set to my self, but it was all good clean fun, and not the stressful I'm playing serious poker type of thing, so I guess it's ok :f_p: Anyways after final tabling 3 tournaments in one night on Pacific, I also played some NLHE cash games there and here's what happened:

• redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      nice to hear that you're back in the FL world :)
      good luck, i'm sure you'll grind your way through the limits quickly
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      nice to hear that you're back in the FL world :)
      good luck, i'm sure you'll grind your way through the limits quickly

Side note, I failed at all 3 tournaments^^
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Sunday is here again and so am I, writing. Well actually it's past midnight here so it isn't Sunday anymore, but it has to still be Sunday somewhere in the world so I guess it's ok.

Now, I didn't read the articles I wanted, mostly because I had a lot of fun stuff to do and that just seamed more appealing :] besides, I don't need these till at least 3/6.

So my first week:

I started out a bit rough... starting with 9 tables when I'm obviously rusty wasn't such a hot idea^^
      But it's turning up so that's good. My mind set is really good atm, I'm not tilting at all. I don't know why, maybe it's the small amounts of money or just a new(better) way of looking at poker and life. Most credit probably goes to Tommy Angelos series. On a side note, I found out that wearing a head set while playing makes me concentrate better, don't know why and don't really care, but a nice discovery.

A disappointment was when I looked at the clock when ending my last session, because I kind of hoped to have an hour to make a review of today's session and post it her, but I guess I should go to sleep, sooo... next week I guess.

Everyone have fun and have a good start in the new year!
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Well, week 2 was looking really good for a while, but then I got some big swings that ended with todays evening session, that was absolutely terrible so I'm through another negative week :f_frown:

Since I have some stuff to do right now and again can't review my hands I'm going to postpone it again, but this time just until I have time, so probably tomorrow.

Also, I won't play 9-tables anymore, because I noticed that I make a few really spewy plays when I do.

Funny story of the week:
      I thought my gf how to play poker last night. We proceeded to play strip poker(my brilliant idea :s_biggrin: ). So when I was down to my underwear, I started doubting about my victory, and when in doubt... cheat? So I did, I gave her JJ and me QQ, all the chips went in on the turn, I proudly turn over my QQ........... the river a J, !BAM! there goes my underwear :s_o:
      The moral of the story:
      When you run like shit, YOU RUN LIKE SHIT :s_confused:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      hahahaha
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I guess after you lost all your underwear came a heater ;)
    • doki18
      doki18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19

Because I'm an attention whore(my exgirlfriends(part of the reason why I've felt like shit last few months) words).
      I don't remeber saying that
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by doki18

Because I'm an attention whore(my exgirlfriends(part of the reason why I've felt like shit last few months) words).
      some side story line starts here ;)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99

some side story line starts here ;)
      opal what do you say, should we get some popcorn?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      just wanna give you props for having no stress :D thats my jam!

gl on getting back into FL man!
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      bump?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze

LOL