[NL2-NL10] NL5 BSS 3hands

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Hand1:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $5,15
      Hero:
      $9,49

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,08, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,24, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,54) Q:club: , 5:spade: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,76, Hero folds.

His overbet on the flop here seemed a bit fishy but I deemed my hand TP with 2nd best kicker not good enough for a call or raise. His actual AF was 1.4. Good or?

Final Pot: $1,30

Hand2:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $5,96
      Hero:
      $7,37

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,04, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, UTG+2 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,42) 2:spade: , 8:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,30, UTG+2 calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,02) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, UTG+2 calls $0,60.

Was this ok? Or perhaps I shouldve made a check/call on the turn and then the river? Dont know if it changes anything but his AF was around 2.3 - 2.5.

River: ($2,22) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

Final Pot: $2,22

Hand3:

MP2 AF: 1.1
      CO AF: 3.2

Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $10,39
      Hero:
      $4,58
      MP2:
      $3,81

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , 2:spade:
      UTG raises to $0,08, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,08, BU calls $0,08, SB folds, Hero calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,50) 3:spade: , K:diamond: , J:spade: (6 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 folds, MP2 bets $0,28, CO calls $0,28, BU folds, Hero calls $0,28, UTG folds.

Turn: ($1,34) 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1,00, MP2 calls $1,00.

I know that I didnt have the best of potodds here but I called since I had second best flushdraw and a twopair albeit a weak one, plus I thought it quite likely that MP2 would call with his high WTS.

River: ($4,34) K:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2,45 (All-In), CO folds, Hero calls $2,45.

Perhaps I shouldve just bet out here into them right away instead of going for the check/raise? But I figured it could induce a bluff from a weaker hand (I do know that my Full House wasnt the best) and CO's AF was quite high.

Final Pot: $9,24
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      1) I'm confused here. If villain's min-raise is weak (and hence your re-raise) then why fold the flop when you hit. If villain's min-raise is strong then why play KQo at all?

2) Nice hand. To be picky here I would bet a little closer to pot size on the flop.

3)I'd lead the turn (flop action looks like some players are drawing) and river here.

Be careful how you use AF in how you profile players for two reasons:

You don't have too many hands.

Players who fold too much have inflated AF's. Aggression frequency can be a useful stat in as much as that you do not have to take into account a players fold rate.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      1: Yeah I guess I shouldve at least called the flop. I guess I am a bit under the effect of just losing on party for almost the whole month so I couldnt get myself to take the chance :( .

2: Hmm, yeah I usually do that too, I really havent got a clue as to why I didnt here with a drawy board and all .

3: Yeah ok I will keep that in mind for the next time.

Yeah I know, I dont use it as the ultimate truth about how to act against them although it may have seemed so from the way I said it hehe. I use it more as an indicator.