This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Notes

• ixuz1
      ixuz1
      Bronze
      Hi there, I'm not really sure where to start. I know it's really good to take notes on other players for future decisions against the same player.

So I would like to know:
      a) What do you note?
      b) Why do you note that?
      c) What's the most important note/notes to you?
      d) How format your note on a player?

If I missed something very important regarding notes on players, please tell me!

Thanks in advance
      // Anton H :f_love:
  • 5 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Anton,

Anything that you think would be useful in future really.

For example:

> what hand ranges do they play (both overall and in certain positions etc)?
      > what do they raise with UTG?
      > do they limp monsters?
      > will they fold there BB to a raise/how often.

Only a few examples, there are so many more.

Just remember that when you need to review a players notes, you will only have a few seconds on the timer clock, so make them clear, precise and in code wherever possible.

Best regards,

Bart
    • ixuz1
      ixuz1
      Bronze
      I have a question.

How do you write down another players range? I have this program called PokerTracker3 which allows me to see some useful stats on my opponents.

How do you take advantage off the VP$IP stat? Is it from this stat you put other players on a certain range of hands?

Also I would be really glad if you could post a little example of how your notes look like.

Thank you very much! :f_biggrin:
    • Swire
      Swire
      Bronze
      Well the higher the vp stat is the looser range your opponent plays preflop. E.g. the opponent has 65 vp it means that this guy is a fish and has a enormous range of hands that he plays.

About the notes maybe just start putting down vague notes such as:
      PF CS, P-F A = Preflop the opponent is a calling station and calls with a large amount of hands and Postflop (On the flop, turn and river) the opponent is very agressive.

Hope this helps a little

Swire :)
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I pretty much shorten everything to save space. For example, a full stacked guy limps kings in middle position and 3bets. Ace on the flop, he c-bets 2/3 potsize and would fold to a raise, but when he gets called he checks turn and river, and calls up to half pot size bets on either/both streets. The note on him would look like this:
      FS MP KK l/3b; Axx cb2/3ps/f; ch/c1/2psb2st;

It's not always necessary to note the entire hand, only the important elements. If I see some fancy and/or recurring play, like squeezing any two or min-betting with a draw, I note it.

There's an article on notes in the strategy section, I derived most of my abbreviations from there.
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      if you play sng and mtts
      if is most important to write the blind level and stack sizes and position

ex:

15/30 only call with QQ on the butten to a 3bb raise
      check behind all streets the a Kxx board...

300/600 3bet 33 to all-in in middle position with 24bb(big blinds)

that make your notes aloat more valuble in the future...