[NL2-NL10] Kk Nl4 Fr

• orcwarhero
      orcwarhero
      Bronze
      Ok so I just got my $50 startup deposited into my Cake account yesterday and I thought I would try out a little micro game to get a feel for things.

I had played about an hour, basically playing fairly tight but getting blinded out and/or missing flops a LOT.

My original $4 buy in had dwindled own to $2.66 but I had seen a LOT of Loose/Crazy play by people betting top pair holding 8/5s or all ins with A/xo or just all out bluffs on the river, so when I finally woke up with KK I was ready to play.

Ordinarily I am VERY cautious playing ANY pairs less than AA aggressively at micro primarily because I find people will play A/almost ANYTHING to see a flop with an Ace and if I don't hit a set (1 in 10 for me X( ) I'm hooped.

Now as you can see there are 3 limpers and since I'm button I raise the pot just to take it down pre-flop.

MP2 calls, but because they didn't preflop raise so I put them on A/2-10 or possibly middle pair (even though calling with the latter is not really following the 20 rule).

The flop comes with NO Ace but a scary Jack if villain is holding a pair already.
      Villain checks I Cbet (perhaps too aggressively, but I DON'T want an Ace suck out in case villain doesn't have Jacks), and I get check raised All In.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

CALL OR FOLD

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (7 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop
      MP2 ($4.65)
      CO ($2.65)
      Hero (Button) ($2.66)
      SB ($2)
      BB ($4.59)
      UTG ($2.35)
      MP1 ($3.93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
      UTG calls $0.04, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, Hero bets $0.26, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.22, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.66) 3, J, 2 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.66, MP2 raises to $4.39 (All-In)

I will post the results after Christmas

Happy Holidays!!
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Snap call and move on, no way we're folding KK on J32r ever for the odds we're getting.

If we lose, blame the deck. If we win, we left $1.33 on the table, blame yourself for not rebuying to 100bb preflop. There is no reason not to rebuy to max especially if the players at your table are insane and you're waiting for a hand.

Hope it helps.
    • orcwarhero
      orcwarhero
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

There is no reason not to rebuy to max especially if the players at your table are insane and you're waiting for a hand.

Hope it helps.
      I find insanity tends to hurt my bankroll, but generally I agree. It was my first time at the site so I was being a little shy with my limited start up capital. ;)

Thanks for the review. Have a Great Holiday :)
    • orcwarhero
      orcwarhero
      Bronze
      Here's the results. Bad Beat but whatcha gonna do...hehe

Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (7 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 ($4.65)
      CO ($2.65)
      Hero (Button) ($2.66)
      SB ($2)
      BB ($4.59)
      UTG ($2.35)
      MP1 ($3.93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
      UTG calls $0.04, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, Hero bets $0.26, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.22, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.66) 3, J, 2 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.66, MP2 raises to $4.39 (All-In), Hero calls $1.74 (All-In)

Turn: ($5.46) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($5.46) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $5.46 | Rake: $0
      Main pot: $5.46 between MP2 and Hero, won by MP2

Results:
      Hero had K, K (two pair, Kings and twos).
      MP2 had A, J (two pair, Aces and Jacks).
      Outcome: MP2 won $5.46

Thanks for the Input...Happy New Year!!.