This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 JJ sh

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Party Poker $50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 439763
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $46.25
      BB: $31.51
      Hero (UTG): $84.53
      CO: $47.45
      BTN: $47.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with J :diamond: J :club:
      Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.75) 8 :spade: 6 :diamond: T :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $4.31, Hero calls $4.31, CO folds

Turn: ($14.37) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $10.77, SB folds

CO 14/8/inf/71hands
      SB 27/9/5.9/278hands wts 15

should I raise flop? there is one player behind me so I just didn't want to blow the pot even thogut it is so drawy and Im giving them free card. Turn is standard I think.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think raising flop is by far the superior option. You wouldn't be happy to see a 7, diamond or overcard falling on the turn so I would definitely raise here to protect my hand and prepare to call a shove from SB. If CO overcalls or shoves behind you then its tough, but raising flop is the probably still the best play.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      I think raising flop is by far the superior option. You wouldn't be happy to see a 7, diamond or overcard falling on the turn so I would definitely raise here to protect my hand and prepare to call a shove from SB. If CO overcalls or shoves behind you then its tough, but raising flop is the probably still the best play.
      +1
      Can´t really put players always on sets or two apirs on drawy baords and then play your hand passively
      I also like raising flop and calling SB shove, if co shoves you can fold your hand, but you don´t want to be on situation where SB leads, you call and CO might squeeze with wide range