LOL @ Party support

• JackStack
      Here a brief e-mail exchange between PP support and myself(I really tried to keep it simple):

I am sure that I have never played for real money on PartyPoker. I would like to sign up now but I don't know if I registered a play money account with you (I had a few play money accounts on several sites many years ago). Please let me know if I can register an account with you (Don't want to get blocked for trying to register multiple accounts without even realising it)

Many thanks and happy x'mas and new year, XXXXXX
      Dear Player, Our records indicate that you have a play money account registered with us. You are passing on a big opportunity to join the PartyPoints Club and start reaping in the rewards. Our customer support is geared toward our real money players and you are missing out by not becoming one. To help you get started I have given you a special BONUS OFFER. Make a deposit now using the bonus code REALTODAY and you will receive an extra 100% upto $50*. If you need assistance while making a deposit, please call us anytime. If your mail is about a Real Money Account that you have with us, please write to us from your registered email address for that account (this will help us assist you better) and we will get back to you quickly as we wish that no one misses out on the fun. If you still have questions please visit the FAQ section of our website. Thank you and have fun!! The Customer Service Team *Conditions Apply. This offer is not valid for players from restricted countries.
      The offer in your e-mail is not as good as the one on your site :)

Anyway, please let me know if I can register a new real money account.

Many thanks,
      They sent back the same text again

Just thought this was amusing enough to share.

Happy xmas and a great new year.

• 8 replies
    • limonek
      yeah i asked them pretty much the same question once... and i thought they did not get me well... so i did it another time and look look its the same mail again... and it was exactly the same as yours hehe
    • ironmask92
      yup, support at party is lazy as hell and they don't even bother to actually read your email and write their own email back. I bet you its all automated so they will instant send you back same message over and over again. I saw the exact same text WORD FOR WORD when i asked them to close my play money party account, lmao...
    • LuborC
      You cannot contact support at Party unless you have a real money account. They don't care about play money accounts too much so I think you can just go ahead and create a new account with a different email. That's what I did anyway and it worked out fine for me..
    • Berkstajger
      Seems like it's a growing habit everywhere.

I sent an e-mail to info desk of some Slovenian company that sells ski tickets at lower prices and they're offering some really cool discounts if you have some business card. Well I can borrow it but the brochure says "...and enjoy skiing with your entire family".

So I send them something like this:

"... can I buy tickets only for my family members or also for my friends?"

"You can buy tickets for you entire family... blablabla"

Ok, I was like - :f_confused: , but I replied and asked the same question again. I got an answer from different person in different sentences:

"Of course, your whole family can go skiing with tickets you buy..."

And I was - :f_eek:

Screw them, I'm not replying anymore if they don't even bother to read what I asked them. I'm just gonna buy those freaking tickets and enjoy -50% skiing and if anybody asks... well, in our family we prefer poligamy, that's why there are so many brothers and sisters with different surnames. :s_confused:
    • eteris
      ye, with FT suppor was similar thing, but after couple of letters I just wrote them that I don't need the same email everytime I just need to know answer to my question. I think after that they got seriuos and actually wrote something new.
    • Berzerger
      I sent an email to PokerHeaven support before I even created an account, just to ask a few things. They replied in a very friendly and helpful way, thanking me for interest in their platform and all. I know I'm just another customer to them, but personal service makes me feel valued. Can't say the same for Betfred though.

Then again, poker rooms are bound to discriminate players based on the amount of rake they produce...
    • JackStack
      Yeah... my signup to PokerHeaven went quite fast as well. Two friendly, encounters with their support, one question here in the forum and before I knew it I was out of a freeroll for shoving with pocket 10's from late and getting called by A6o.(he hit his A on the River as to be expected)

In one way I can understand PP's stance on play money players though. I used to work for a Tribeca skin and a lot of time was "wasted" on play money players who used to make a game of getting each other chat banned by escalating a chat and then complaining to support. There were also more requests to investigate play money hands than from real money players.

On the other hand I'd think that a site would actually pay a bit more attention to questions by play money account holders who wish to convert.
    • FaTDoGBG
      well convert and before playing ask, can you imagine to answer the queries of play money players like: why I lost that hand when I had 3 3 4 5 and 6 9 J K A were on the table, some guy won with A A 2 3 on omaha. I'm pretty sure if you ask them something about deposits or something like that they will respond or you can always call them on the toll free numbers. And also I can understand people that reply to email that end: THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND. :) )